Old Friends

"I got all your letters, you know." Mercy told Genji.

"Why did you never write back?" He asked.

"I've been busy lately, but I meant to write back."

"What did you think?"

The two's conversation was interrupted when the power shut off. The entire building grew dark, and silence filled the air. Winston swung himself upstairs, and Torbjörn quickly followed. Winston began to type on the computer but soon stopped. Torbjörn looked on the computer, only to notice a small purple skull covering the screen.

"Who did this?" Torbjörn asked.

"I think I have an idea," Winston said as a loud sound went off behind him.

He swung his arms around, attempting to hit whatever was behind him. Sombra backed away from his swing, as she began to unload into Winston. Winston covered his face with his arm, slowly moving towards her. Then Winston leaped, punching Sombra through the glass. She smashed into the table, causing even Reinhardt to jump. Winston leaped from above, landing beside Sombra. Tracer blinked into an adjacent room and returned battle-ready. She held her blasters to Sombra's head, but Sombra didn't seem to mind.

"What are you doing here?" Winston roared.

"Just a little scouting." Sombra nodded before tapping Tracer's blaster.

Tracer attempted to fire, but her guns jammed. Sombra rolled across the table, landing on her feet. She took a fighting stance, shooting at Mercy. Mercy ducked under the table, causing Genji to spring into action. Reinhardt quickly rushed for his hammer, Brigitte, at his side. Genji leaped at Sombra, but Sombra simply tapped him. Genji collapsed to the ground, his body stiffening up. Sombra went to shoot Genji but stopped when she felt the cold tip of a barrel on the side of her head. Sombra flung herself around, attempting to hit Mcree, but he was faster. He punched Sombra in the face knocking her to the floor.

"I don't like hitting ladies, but I'll make an exception for you," Mcree told her.

Sombra stood up, unworried about Mcree.

"Sombra, get out of there!" A voice hissed from her ear.

"Reaper!" Winston yelled.

Reinhardt swung his hammer, but Sombra vanished with a flash of purple light. Reinhardt's hammer smashed into the wall, sending debris flying. Zenyatta helped Genji, who had begun to regain control of his body. Tracer fired her blasters, which had suddenly started working again.

"Everyone, come here!" Pharah screamed.

The group rushed upstairs, approaching Pharah, who stood by the large window overlooking Watchpoint Gibraltar. A gigantic army of Talon soldiers stood outside information, with Reaper, Doomfist, and Moria standing over them. Pharah spotted Widowmaker in the corner of her eyes, trying to find a sniping position. Sombra appeared beside Reaper and began speaking with him.

"What do we do?" Tracer asked.

"We fight," Winston told her.

Reinhardt rushed down the stairs, Brigitte following quick behind. Mcree spun his revolver while Genji prepared his shurikens. Pharah threw on her suit, while Brigitte finished tinkering with her shield. Torbjörn entered a closet pulling out his old armor and the hunk of metal he called his turret.

"Winston, I don't want to fight, I don't want to hurt anyone," Mei explained.

"Okay, just watch our backs," Winston asked of her.

"Must violence always be the solution?" Mercy asked as she equipped her armor.

She tapped the tip of her staff, taking a deep breath. Winston threw on his armor, and the group made their way outside. The door opened, and the group was greeted to Bastion, standing in front of them, shaking. Reinhardt readied himself, but Torbjörn stopped him.