CHAPTER 5

"I'm so excited for today! Doesn't this make you feel excited, Eli?" Naib asked.

"I guess I am but not as excited as you." Eli replied.

"Hmm, I guess that works. So what did you prepare for your audition?"

"Well there's no point in spoiling you right? You're going to watch later anyway." Eli smirked at the other. "Come on, let's get going. We can't miss your try out." Eli said as he finished preparing his things for the day.

As the two arrived school, both of them went straight to the track and field area. Naib went to the registration area to submit his application form while Eli went to the side of the field to sit on the benches with the other students. 'I hope he does well... I mean, he is good in running but...' Eli thought as he looked at his best friend with concern. 'I just hope things will go well for him.'

As all the first years gathered in the field, a tall student walked up in front with strong presence making all the first years alert. "Alright first years, I'm Xie Bi'an, the Captain of the team. I assume all of you are here. Our Vice-Captain right here doesn't like late students." All the first years looked at the so-called Vice Captain beside Xie Bi'an. Everyone except Naib felt intimidated by the Vice Captain's gaze and suddenly he felt nervous for the first time today.

"Everyone form four lines on the field according to your numbers! We'll start in 10 minutes." A brief instruction given by the Vice Captain and all the first years immediately moved from their positions. The Vice-Captain noticed one student was spacing out as he didn't move from his spot after her announcement. "Hey kid! Get moving or I will deduct points on your evaluation." The student was shocked from the warning and quickly apologized.

Naib was still shocked to see the very person who changed his life right in front him. He wasn't able to catch up on the instruction that was given to them as he stood on his spot with his head low. 'What is she doing here? I thought she went to a different university...' He was startled when the Vice-Captain suddenly shouted at his direction and heard her warning. 'You better not mess up right now, Naib. You have to do well today for yourself.'

"Mm? I think that boy is kind of familiar." Martha said to herself. Xie Bi'an looked at her direction and asked, "Oh? You know that kid?"

"I'm not sure, but he is kind of familiar." Martha replied.

"You can think about it later after the try outs. Right now, we have to be serious in picking the members." Xie Bi'an reminded her.

"I know that! You don't have to remind me..."

Eli saw everything from his place and now he is 100% worried about his best friend. 'Why is that woman here?' Eli thought the same as Naib. 'You have to stay strong. Naib. Now is not the time to think about the past.' "I can't believe that woman is also studying here in this university." Eli sighed.

"Who is studying here?" Eli was startled and was stopped from his thoughts when he heard a familiar voice from behind.

"Dude, can you please fix that?" Eli stared at William.

"Fix what?"

"Nothing. Just don't do that next time." Eli sighed for the second time.

"Okay? So, who were you talking about?" William asked, as if nothing happened.

"The Vice-Captain over there." Eli pointed at the girl in ponytail.

"Oh, Martha?"

Eli turned his gaze at William and asked, "You know Martha?"

"Yeah, we were in the same class last year. What's up with her?" William replied.

"Hmm..." Eli was a little hesitant but still told William. "Just that, Naib and Martha had a little problem in the past."

"Really? That won't be a problem!" William smiled at Eli while the latter stared at the other and thought, 'Ah, don't tell me he's going to--'

"NAIB! GOOD LUCK DUDE!!" William shouted at Naib cheerfully. Naib noticed William with Eli and he saw his best friend giving him a thumbs up.

'Better not let down my friends now, huh?' Naib thought to himself. 'I also bet Eli saw everything just now. I shouldn't let them worry about me.' As Naib went to one line, the next instruction was given to them.

"Alright kids, we'll do warm-up exercises first before the actual try out. Don't fall behind because evaluation will start from here." Xie Bi'an announced. He looked at Martha and the latter did the same. Both of them sighed, while Martha did so with a slight hint of anger.

"Where's Jack? Did you even remind him about the time Xie Bi'an??" Martha asked the tall man.

"Hey hey, calm down. I did remind him last night. It's not my fault he's late." Xie Bi'an defended himself.

"I'm here, I'm here." Both Captain and Vice-Captain looked at the source of the voice and gave Jack a smack on the back. "You're late!"

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hi guys, sorry for the delay~ Right now I just got lucky to update this chapter because I returned  my prev computer (weird huh? xD). I hope you like today's update even though I feel it's all over the place. I'm aiming for this story to be a fluffy and funny one~ (u w u ((ara, is this a spoiler :0))

Anyway, I hope you guys will still show your love to my story~ See you guys on the next update C;

xoxo,

ruka_pyon7009