CHAPTER 7

Eli was nervous. Really nervous. After watching his best friend in the morning, all he ever thought was his audition after school. He was glad that his best friend finally finished his tryouts, hoping that he would get accepted. Now, he has to face his own problem. Thinking about what he prepared, he can't stop hiding his embarrassment and nervousness. Eli really thought hard on this and he hopes that he'll be able to pull it off. He's not the type of person to do this kind of thing and thinking about his friends would watch his performance doesn't help at all. He can imagine Naib and William laughing at him making his face red at the moment.

"Yo Eli~ Someone's waiting for you by the door." Eli looked where the voice came from, interrupting his thoughts. He was greeted by his classmate, Servais.

"Oh, it's Naib." Eli replied.

"A friend of yours?" Servais asked, receiving a nod from Eli. "Well, let's go to the auditorium. Is your friend gonna watch?"

"Y-yeah." Eli stuttered. 'You don't have to be that obvious Eli'

His classmate noticed the hint of nervousness coming from his voice and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it, man. We're here for a good time, not a long time~"

That statement shocked Eli. He didn't know how to react to that, should he be confused? Angry? Laugh? 'What the hell does that mean'  he thought. "Anyway, let's go! We don't want your friend to be left hanging there."

"Huh, yeah. Let's go." With that, Eli and Servais went to where Naib was and went to the auditorium.

As they arrived at the auditorium, all three boys were in awe. The auditorium was really huge and they saw only one-fourth of the seats were occupied. Probably by the drama club.

"ELI! This place is so HUGE! You'll be performing on that stage for your audition right???" Naib asked with too much enthusiasm.

Eli shoved the other's face away from him, noting that the distance between them is too close for his comfort. "Yeah yeah, please calm down. You're making me nervous." Eli replied.

Naib gave his best friend a sly look. "Heh~ I didn't know the calm and cool Eli that I know is nervous right now." Naib said while earning a punch from the other. "Okay okay, not nervous!"

Eli released a soft sigh and said, "Come on, let's head to where the others are. They might be giving instructions to the first years for all we know." The three of them went and took their seats. So far, they were given a short introduction of the drama club. The auditions will be kept short, perform within the given time. After that, they were given enough time to prepare before the actual audition starts. Eli decided to relax and asked his best friend about his tryout this morning.

"Oh right! After the warm up, I really did have fun. Although Jack was a little bit scary." Naib said.

"I think I can understand what you mean. Just watching you earlier just stressed me out." Eli replied.

After the warm up, the first years were all gathered once again for the next instructions from the Captain. Jack stood next to the Captain, smiling to himself as if he accomplished something. "Alright kids, I know some of you are still tired from the warm up, but we should move on to the next activity." The Captain said, earning a few sounds of complaint from the first years. Especially from the last kid. Xie Bi'an smiled to himself and continued, "Next we'll be doing activities which will improve your stamina. We will see if you can keep up or not."

Naib felt someone was staring at him so he looked for the person responsible for it and saw that Jack was smiling at him. He mouthed a "what?" to his upperclassman but didn't get anything. He just felt confused and remembered what the other said earlier about 'testing him' and just got himself confused more. A sound of a whistle was heard and all of them moved for their next activity.

Half an hour later and they have finished all of the activities prepared by the Captain. By now, all of the first years are really tired and all of them are grateful that they don't have classes in the morning. Naib was panting hard. It has been a while since he was this tired. It felt great. Naib felt great. He really did miss this feeling. 

The Vice-Captain stood and announced the results. Only 6 first years passed including Naib. All of them were shocked with the results because of how few only passed. Naib found it hard to contain his happiness when most of his fellow first years were kinda bummed out because they didn't pass like he did. 'I guess I'll have to wait later and tell Eli and William about it.' he thought. He was lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that they were dismissed.

"Hey kid, cheer up." the Captain called out to him. "Welcome to the team."

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

That's it for chapter 7! I feel kinda stupid (idk) for writing this one but I hope it's still good enough for an update XD Let me know what you guys think for this chapter because I really love talking to you guys (uwu Also, I was really thinking on updating because I'll be away for a few days and idk I might run out of ideas on what to write. Please forgive me if ever this update is kinda weak~ 

xoxo,

ruka_pyon7009

PS: I'm actually writing a different story (still Jack x Naib) but it's a oneshot! Please do read it in the future once it's released! <3