Chapter 10

Tori's POV:

I would personally like to thank whoever invented the wonderful thing known as the weekend. Now, don't get me wrong, I love school and weekdays and everything, but there's nothing quite like bumming around all day, just slouched on the couch in front of the tv, still wearing my pyjamas and dressing gown. And with dad at work, mom away at her sisters and Trina out for the day, it left just me, alone, with the house to myself. A nice, peaceful, relaxing weekend where I didn't have to think about anything that had happened during the week and could just laze around doing nothing all day... or so I thought.

It was about noon when the doorbell rang, disturbing me from the unintentional nap I was enjoying; twice in one week, that's not fun. And I still hadn't been sleeping too well, the thoughts I didn't want to think always chose bed time to buzz around my head. Still dressed in my summer pjs, a lavender dressing gown hanging off my shoulders, I trudged over to the door only to be greeted enthusiastically by Andre, Cat and Robbie, along with Rex, all looking bright eyed and wide awake, much unlike myself. See what I mean about my friends randomly inviting themselves over?

"Hey, Tori Vega!" Andre grinned as he walked passed me and sat down in the exact spot I'd been sitting in just seconds ago... why does that keep happening!. Cat and Robbie followed suit, each greeting me happily as they went by.

"So, to what do I owe this home invasion?" I asked, feeling cranky from being woken up by uninvited guests.

"We just came to see you." Robbie said in his usual innocent voice.

"And what a fine mess you look." Rex added.

I finally let the dressing gown fall off my body so I could throw it in Rex's face, earning noises of protest from puppet and master- although you can't really call Robbie Rex's master- and shouts of laughter from Cat and Andre. I ran a hand through my still tangled hair, watching as my friends settled themselves down and with a sigh, I let them win.

"Okay, fine! You guys make yourselves at home; I'm going to go shower and change."

They all made noises of acknowledgement, Rex, now free of the robe, opened his mouth to no doubt make a comment that had something to do with me showering but I shot him a Jade worthy glare, instantly shutting the puppet up.

Jade. Yep, my mind had strayed back to her, as it had done every time I let my guard down and stopped concentrating. In fact, pretty much every time I closed my eyes all I saw was her and all I felt were her lips against mine, just like in the janitors' closet. But I wasn't meant to think about that. She'd told me to forget it, but I couldn't. I'd tried to let it go, I tried desperately not to think about anything to do with Jade West, but she was all I could think about.

Since the stage kissing project, everything had changed, for me at least. A bunch of hidden feelings that I never understood surfaced and now they won't leave me alone. Not to mention the many, many questions that came with these feelings. But the main one at the forefront of my mind right now was: why did Jade kiss me in the janitors' closet? I mean, she didn't, she couldn't, like me like that... could she? She said it meant nothing. She said she's with Beck. What was that supposed to mean anyway? I know she's with Beck; the facts are right in front of my face everyday! Maybe she just did it to mess with me, that makes more sense, and it certainly worked.

That's one thing I hate about showers, they give you time to think. Like, really think. You can think throughout the day about anything and you can always find a distraction when you need it, but not in the shower, no sir! There's something about the streaming water and peace that almost forces you to over think everything. Like I was now, with Jade, and the kiss, and, urg! I just didn't want to think about it!