Chapter 7: Car Ride

It's finally Saturday. I can get out of this god forsaken house. It's been so long since I actually did something with my friends, and I can tell that my mom has been worried about me. Too worried. I needed to change that and tonight is perfect because this is the night I have out with my group of friends. Finally.

Once the time rolled around, I threw on a fresh pair of clothes, grabbed something quick to eat, brushed my teeth, put my shoes on, and ran out the door. I don't necessarily have a car or anything like that, so I had to leave extra early just to make it to my destination on time. Once I got to the intersection of 1st street and Ammon road, I saw Charlie at the stop light in his 1969 Ford Mustang Boss429. I walked past him, hopeful that he wouldn't see me, but high hopes don't always take you where you want to be.

"Hope in Jared!" he hollered across the entire intersection.

Not wanting to refuse a ride in my dream car or with probably my best friend, I walked halfway through first street and jumped through the window of his American Muscle vehicle. As the light turned green, he slammed his foot on the gas, making an extremely loud screeching noise that could probably heard on the moon.

"WOOOOW!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I've always wanted a car like this before, and here I was, sitting on the expensive leather seats. All I could think at that time was how could Charlie have afforded this thing, It's like $550,000! Eh, that didn't matter. I was here, wasn't I? I just wish that this ride would last forever. I reached for the radio and turned on some 90s alternative rock. My favorite genre.

"You've got good taste, Jared! This is all I listen to right here!" he shouted trying to make his voice louder than the $800 speakers in the car so that I could hear him.

I'm actually starting to become quite fond of Charlie, beginning to enjoy his company. Nothing can beat this feeling of friendship unless it's the feeling of speeding down first street at 50 mph in the car that you've dreamed of getting since you were in the third grade. When we didn't stop driving down Highway 81, I was really surprised. I had no idea he lived clear out here.

"I didn't know you lived clear out here," I informed him as he turned onto a narrow dirt road, leading up to the foothills surrounding my house.

"Oh yeah, I've lived up here forever," he replied. Good to know.

"How do you get to school on time? It's clear across town," I asked, wondering if he just woke up really early.

"I wake up at a normal time and fly down the highway driving at least 100 miles per hour," he explained. Well that makes sense.

We then pulled up to a very modern, expensive looking house surrounded by nothing except for open fields and hills. Perfect.