Chapter 3

"So how was your holiday?" Rachael asks. Mark mutters something that sounded like good. "Mine was amazing, me and my mum, the model, have I told you that she's a model?" I nod my head remembering the billion times she has told me. "Well yeah we went on a massive cruise ship to Hawaii. You should've seen it, oh that's right, you can't see!" She laughs.

I clench my teeth and try not to scream at her but I betray myself.

"Don't insult me!" I yell, furiously. "Do you know what it's like to be blind? Try being blind for ten minutes. You won't even survive without crying to your mommy!" I am beyond angry. This isn't the worst thing that she's said but I only just got to school and she's already making me want to leave.
I can hear people whispering and Chloe making rude remarks.
"Let's go?" I whisper to Mark who grabs my hand and leads me inside.
***
The day has already started off horribly and to make it worse I have double math.
"Ughhh, why math?" I say to mark on the way to math.
"Math isn't that bad..." Mark starts.
"It's worse than bad! And not being able to see!" I snap, then sigh. "Sorry, I'm just fed up with those she Devils!"
"It's fine, but you are scary when your angry." Mark says carefully. I huff and enter the classroom with my hand in marks, him leading me.
Mark is in every class with me, the school organised it but instead of some classes I have to go to this lady named carol who speciali
I hear the teacher, mr carfi, drone on and on about boring stuff and I zone out.
I find myself thinking about a new season of the singing show I like called The Voice coming on soon. I think it's cool how the judges don't know who or what the auditioners look like. In its own way it's like me, not being able to see.
I wish my parents would let me audition.
***
I sit in last period with carol, I have one lesson with her a day, waiting for the bell to ring. It should any second now.
Ding ding ding
The bell chirps and I stand up quickly.
"Wait a few minutes, Riley, you don't want to run into someone out in the hallway." Carol says in her motherly voice. I guess she's right, Mark went home early after lunch because he was sick so I had to walk by my self. It's not that hard but it's easier with Mark.
After a few minutes carol opens the door and I step out of the tiny room to be greeted with an empty hallway.
On the way home I put in my earphones and turn the volume right up singing along with the tune, no one really walks this way, so I guess I'm safe.
The song I'm listening to is titanim, one of my favourites.
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titaanniiiumm , I stretch the last word out but then my foot finds a crack in the path and I tumble over.
"Clumsy me." I mutter, annoyed. I touch my knee and I can feel a hole in my jeans, they were new.
Suddenly somthing grabs my arms and pulls me to my feet.
"Are you ok?" Someone asks, their voice husky.it was a male who sounded about my age.
"Yeah, fine." I mutter.
"You are an amazing singer."