Chapter 2

A/N for those who don't know how Australian schooling works (this book is set in Australia) I'll just write it down below:

High school- years 7 to 12

Yr 7- ages 12 to 13

Yr 8- ages 13 to 14. And it just goes up each year (if that makes any sense.)

Chapter 2

Honestly, the idea of having a dog freaks me out. It will make my life easier but moving things scare me. I decide just to smile and I'll tell her later about my strange fear of moving things.

We walk together to the table and she helps me into my seat and gets me my food.

"Cereal or toast?" She chirps. "Toast with jam, please." I reply flatly because I'm so tired. All those days waking up early must be catching up on me.

I must have zoned out because my mum was scolding me to hurry up.

"You'll be late for school! Mark will be here any moment!"

I shove the rest of the toast in my mouth and wait for Mark while my mum gets my hair tidied up.

Mark is my best friend, well my only friend. He's been my friend for four years now and he walks me to and from school every day.

I used to go to a school for disabled kids but I found that I didn't like it there and I didn't really fit in. I asked my parents if I could go to a normal school, it took them a while but they said yes. I've been going to SCR high school for two years now and I'm in my 11th year.

The door bell chirps it's annoying ring tone and I hear foot steps enter the kitchen.

"Hey mark." I direct my voice towards marks foot steps.

"Hi, you ready?" He replies. Mark has got a highish voice for a guy and is a real nerd. I've been told that he has brown hair and glasses, but that's all I know.

I stepped up and put my hand out for my bag and walking stick (the walking stick is to help me feel along the ground for walls and stuff) after I sling on my backpack I head out the door with marks arm on mine to guide me along.

On the way we talk about just normal stuff like homework, music, cars and the usual gossip-who likes who, stuff like that.

Today is the first day back from summer break and I'm dreading it. It means I'll have to see the Chloe and Rachel, the schools most popular girls and bullies. They always tease me about being blind and say that I'm ugly and fat. I know I'm not fat because I didn't eat much because if I gain to much weight it will be hard to work off, being blind. In fact I'm almost anorexic. But the ugly part worried me.

"What's the matter?" Mark interrupts my thoughts.

"Nothing." I lie but he doesn't believe me. "Well I'm not...keen on seeing Rachael and Chloe." I admit.

"Me neither." Mark sounds cold. They tease him as well. 'Why are you hanging out with that' 'you're such a nerd' that sort of stuff.

"Why look who it is." Speak of the devil. "Miss blind girl and the nerd." Chloe crones.

I sigh inwardly. This is going to be a long day.