Chapter 25

Jimin POV

I watch as a small smile grows on his lips, his own cheeks tinting a pretty light pink despite the sorriness forming in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Jimin. I... You went through all of this, all because of me." Yoongi whispers softly, tears forming in his eyes. It breaks my heart but confuses me all the same, reaching out to take his hand in mine in hopes of providing possibly some sort of comfort to him.

"I just wanna know what happened, hyung. I-... Don't be sorry. At least I got to actually meet you." I joke lightly, trying to brighten his mood. He chuckles at this, a small smile on his lips as he shakes his head at me.

"Whatever, Park." He mumbles, sounding nearly shy as he glances down at our hands.

"It's not exactly a short story nor is there any way of making it a short one, Jimin." Yoongi tells me, a slightly warning look and tone to his voice as he glances back up at me. I smile at this though.

"I've got all day, hyung. I'm not going into work today." I inform him as I shake my head. He gives me a small frown at this but nods. He lets out a soft sigh, taking my hand in his this time and holding tightly, as though he were afraid. It makes me worry, but I don't say anything, not wanting to push my luck.

"I... I don't know that I can get into it all, Jimin. As the video that you watched clearly pointed out, my past still haunts the hell out of me. I'll do the best that I can though..." Yoongi murmurs quietly. I just smile and nod at this, hopefully encouraging him a bit.

"As you might've already known, I started out at Superstar Entertainment. They signed me on when I was thirteen, the contract was supposed to be for just seven years. Then I'd be able to renew it after that if I wanted to and if they saw fit. I was young and pliable. I let them pretty much do to me what they wanted. Changed my hair as they pleased and let them push me over the edge into debuting within two months of signing. I lost an unhealthy amount of weight in that time period, my sleep schedule was practically nonexistent. But it was what they wanted and it was how I was going to debut. So I did. I'd spent most of my time in school previously focusing mainly on music rather than what I should've been doing, so it seemed only logical. Though, by the time we'd gotten a little over a year into my contract, they voided me. Having debuted and had one comeback within that time, they didn't think I was gonna grow enough to make them enough money for me to be kept. I got a quarter of what I was supposed to be worth in the contract, and they sold me off.

"That was when RoseHouse took me on. They only signed me for a five year contract, concerned over why I'd been sold off to begin with. They... The people there were monsters. They mentally abused me and restricted me in ways, nobody should be restricted. The things they put me through... The number of insults thrown at me, the times I was told I needed to be better if I didn't want to be a disappointment, if I didn't want to make a fool out of myself in front of the public... That was when I really developed depression. My brother had pulled me out of work one day to take me to the doctors. He was the one person in my family that was still talking to me by that point, and he'd been worried as to just what they were doing to me mentally. I think that was the last time I've been to the doctors. Fourteen years old. Depression, anxiety, OCD, just to name a few of the things I'd been diagnosed with. They started the process of fucking me up. In the end though, they didn't think I was good enough. Didn't think I was worthy of staying at their company. So they sold me off to Idol Entertainment." Yoongi pauses there, making me grow anxious.

Locking gazes with him, I can see the pain and fear in his beautiful dark brown orbs. He's got tears streaming down his cheeks at this point, though he doesn't even bother wiping at them, and I'm not entirely certain he's still completely with it at this point. I feel terrible now for having asked him to explain to me, for wanting to know what happened and why he changed so much. It's too late to take it back though, and I already know there's no way I'm leaving him after today. I can't just leave him alone knowing all of this...