49

49

Jennie

It is Chu's wedding day today. Kasama ko sila Irene sa iisang room and the wedding's about to start in a minute.

"Hey, nasaan na ang inaanak ko?" Irene said.

"She's with my mom outside. Hindi kasi mapakali dito sa loob eh." 

The planner signal us na nasa labas na daw ang bride and ready na for entrance.

Pag dating ko sa hall, I saw Chu in her wedding dress. She's beautiful as ever. Then I saw my mom carrying Lily, sleeping on her shoulder.

"Mom! Why did you let her sleep? She's going to walk with me papasok ng hall." I ran to my mom and saw my Lily sleeping peacefully.

"Aba, kaya naman pala naghihilo sa loob ay inaantok naman pala."

Now I'm walking alone. I saw Jinyoung crying. Pagdating ko sa pwesto ko, I looked at Jisoo who's now crying na din. I can't help but to cry also. I'm just so happy for my Chu. Finally, she's getting married.

They already said their vows. And finally when the priest said "You may now kiss the bride" Ang daming nag'hiyawan. Isa na ako dun. I covered Lily's eyes as soon as she woke up.

"Picture taking!!!"

We gathered in the middle. I hug Chu and Jinyoung.

"Don't hurt my Chu ha!" I slap Jinyoung jokingly.

"Of course, I will never."

After the wedding, nagpunta na kami lahat sa reception. Nakita ko sila Kai and Seul. Si Lisa nalang yung kulang....

The MC started to talk, hanggang sa tinawag na nila yung pangalan ko. Feeling ko maiiyak ako.

Pumunta na ako sa gitna to give my message to Chu.

"Good evening honored guests. I'm Jennie, Jisoo's best friend. It is such a privilege to be here tonight celebrating this beautiful couple. My dearest Chu.... First of all, you look amazing tonight. Ito na yung pangarap mong wedding. I just wanna say I love you with all my heart and soul. I'm really happy to know that you're going to share your life with the man you love.... You deserve the best, Chu. And I'll do the impossible to be by your side when you need me the most." I paused for a while kasi I feel like I'm going to cry.

Jisoo mouthed me "Don't cry"

"On the other hand, thinking that you're married leads me to think that perhaps your availability to spend time with me and Lily won't be the same anymore. Kailangan ko nang maghanap ng bagong katulong ni Lily hahaha. Today, you will begin to form your own family na. I know you're going to be a good wife and a good mother to your children. I will always be encouraging you sa lahat ng bagay like you encouraged me to continue, which has given me hope when I needed it the most. You know what I mean right? Hehe. Thank you for being Lily's second mom. I hope for you to live joyfully ever after, and for both of you, don't hesitate and call me if you need me. I love you both!" I hug both of them.

"Nakakainis ka. Why did you have to make me cry?" Chu said and hug me again.

"I'm sorry hahaha."

"I have a surprise for you tho." Chu said.

"Hey, it's your wedding. Not mine. Bakit ikaw ang may surprise sakin?"

Jisoo just smiled at me. Pagbalik ko ng table namin, hindi ko nakita si Lily sa pwesto niya.

"Mom, where's Lily?" I panicked a little knowing that Lily's not on my sight.

"Calm down, she's with Irene."

I was looking for Irene around the venue when I saw Lily at the catering area. I somehow manage to calm down. I find it cute kasi she's looking at the strawberry fountain na nasa table. I didn't notice na may kausap siya. Hindi naman ganito buhok ni Irene ah? Tsaka, maliit si Irene eh.

"Lily! Oh my God, There you are. Where's Ninang Ire-"

My heart froze for a second. Dalawang Lily yung lumingon and I almost have a heart attack nung humarap sila sakin. Lahat ng nangyari nung gabing yun, biglang bumalik.

Is this real? Am I not dreaming? Lisa's in front of me? Right now? She still have her bangs. Her hair's a bit shorter now compared before. And it's not blonde anymore.... Ash gray, I think?

"Mommy! Look. That girl gave me a strawberry cupcake!" I felt Lily pull my dress a few times to look at her.

I stopped looking at Lisa and kneeled down to talk to Lily.

"Baby, You scared me. Don't go anywhere without mommy okay?" Naramdaman ko na nakatingin samin si Lisa.

"Uhm... I saw her looking at the cupcakes eh. I thought... maybe she want it kaya I gave her one. I'm sorry" Lisa finally talked.

Her voice is still the same. Soothing as ever.

"Lily! Nandyan ka lang pala, jusko- oh, Lisa?!" Irene came looking like a lost puppy. Naisahan na naman siguro siya ni Lily.

"Oh my God! Lisa!!!" Irene hugged Lisa.

"Kailan ka pa dito? I didn't saw you earlier. Alam na ba nila Seul na nandito ka? And wow, I love your hair Doc."

They were talking as if I'm not there. And Doc? So she's a doctor now huh?

"I just landed here kanina but I overslept kaya ngayon lang ako nakapunta. Actually, I'm with Chaeng."

"Ganun ba? Then let's go sa table namin. Seul and Kai's waiting for you." Irene said. Nauna nang maglakad si Lisa papuntang table nila Irene.

I still can't believe na she's here na. After 7 years? She's still has an effect on me.

"Jen, are you okay? Jisoo didn't tell you noh."

So eto pala yung surprise na sinasabi ni Chu. Well, oo nga. Na'surprise ako. Ako lang ba ang walang alam na pupunta siya dito? Sabagay, sino naman ako para alamin pa yun.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Go on, pumunta kana sa table niyo. Baka hinahanap ka na nila."

I went back to our table with Lily. I saw Jisoo talking to some of their guests.

"Mommy, that girl looks like barbie."

"Who?" Kahit alam ko na kung sino yung tinutukoy niya.

"That girl. The one who gave me strawberry. She said she love strawberry too." May tinuro si Lily and tinignan ko naman kung saan ito.

She point at Lisa who is now talking to Jisoo. I saw them looked at my direction so I quickly looked away.

"Baby, you sleepy?" Lily yawned then nod. She rest her head on my shoulder.

The reception's over and I decided to say good bye na kay Chu since Lily's been waking up a few times and I want her to have a decent sleep na.

"Chu, I'm going home na. Naghihilo si Lily eh, gusto ko ng patulugin ng maayos." Pinuntahan ko si Chu sa table nila Lisa kasi balak pa nilang mag stay pa and mag inom.

"So you already saw my surprise. How was it? Did you two talk?"

"No. I saw her accidentally. She was with Lily nung nakita ko siya. Thank you, sobrang nasurprise ako." Note the sarcasm.

"Ayaw man kita pauwiin agad pero Lily needs to sleep. Thank you Jendeukie!" Jisoo hugged me and Lily who is sleeping in my shoulder. "Kung may gusto kang itanong or kung gusto mo lang kausapin si Lisa, she'll be having her 3 weeks vacation here. It's your chance to tell her everything she needs to know." Then Jisoo kissed Lily.

As if naman na may magbabago kapag sinabi ko yung totoo kay Lisa. It will never be the same. Never.