50

50

Lalisa

I landed in the Philippines around 3pm but I overslept kaya naman late na ako naka'punta sa reception. Pagpasok ko ng venue, nakita ko na nagsasayaw na sa gitna si Ate Chu and Jinyoung.

"Lisa-yah, I'm going to find them okay? Mag ccr lang din ako." Chaeng said then she left.

I was scanning the area. Madami dami ding bisita. Nandito kaya siya? Did she know that I'm coming?

As I was looking around, I saw this little girl near the catering area. She was looking at the cupcakes and at the strawberry fountain. I went to her and kneeled down to talk to her.

"Hi, do you want one?" I asked the little girl.

She looked at me. The little girl suddenly reminded me of Jennie. She looks like Jennie. Mini Jennie. They have the same vibe.

She ignored me then looked at the cupcakes again.

"I could get you one if you want?"

"But... but mommy said too much sweet is not nice. She hates strawberry." The little girl finally talked.

I remember someone who hates strawberry too.

"How about this, let's share this one cupcake. It's too big for you and your mommy is right. Too much sweet is not nice, lalo na for babies like you." Kumuha ako ng isang cupcake then hinati ko. I gave the smallest part dun sa bata.

"Do you love strawberries too?" I asked her.

"Yep. So much. Thank you. " Then she smiled at me.

She really look like Jennie. I want to pinch her cheeks :(

"By the way, what's your name?"

Before she could answer, Narinig ko na may tumawag sakin.

"Lily! Oh my God, There you are. Where's Ninang Ire-"

I turned around to see kung sino yung dumating.

And I was surprised to see Jennie. After so many years, we meet again. There was still this something very familiar about her that left a lingering effect even after she left. When she looked at me, a gushes of wind blew my hairs, love surrounded me, a soft tone was within me. Those eyes.... that smile.... those fluffy cheeks I used to love, killed me once again. Be still my heart :(

The memories of that night came rushing back. She left me. At some point, I have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

"Mommy! Look. That girl gave me a strawberry cupcake!" I saw the little girl went to Jennie.

Mommy?

Jennie then looked away from me and kneeled down to face the little girl.

"Baby, You scared me. Don't go anywhere without mommy okay?"

I was still looking at them. Is she really her mom? May pamilya na si Jennie? Did she and Taehyung...

"Uhm... I saw her looking at the cupcakes eh. I thought... maybe she want it kaya I gave her one. I'm sorry" I finally had the guts to talk.

"Lily! Nandyan ka lang pala, jusko- oh, Lisa?!" Then ate Irene came.

"Oh my God! Lisa!!!" Ate Irene hugged me.