From Falling Apart

In turn, Cas said, "I'll be right back," and slipped off to the kitchen, taking Dean with him.

Cas dragged his friend into the hall and shut the kitchen door. He bared his teeth and said, "Have a little more concern! That's my brother in there. That's Sam's boyfriend! You need to stow the rivalry bullshit! You need to be there for your brother. Sam's taking everything on from Gabriel and he's got no one to let it out to except you and me. So get that shit through your head!"

Dean felt guilty for that comment now and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked down at the floor and sighed. "I'm sorry, Cas."

"You should be," Cas told him.

They stood there in the quiet for a moment before Dean sighed again. "I'm going to call Bobby today and have him come over tonight. Maybe he can find out who did this to Gabe."

Cas smiled, slightly. "Thank you, Dean."

"And I'll quit being an ass," Dean mumbled. Cas grinned at him.

"Dean, I think that's just who you are," he said, sliding past him towards the door. "But, I still love you."

Dean rolled his eyes and smiled. "I love you too."

Cas slipped through the door and Dean followed after him. They went back into the living room, seeing Gabriel still curled up on Sam and shaking slightly.

"Should I get more drugs?" Dean whispered.

"No, no more xanax," Cas hissed. "Just go make tea. The stuff Sam likes is above the fridge."

Dean nodded and went into the kitchen while Cas sat down on the couch with Sam.

"Are you alright?" He asked Sam, who only nodded in reply.

Cas glanced at Gabriel and nodded towards him. Sam just sighed and looked down.

"Gabe?" Cas asked. "How are you feeling?"

"Scared," Gabriel replied.

"Why do you think people are coming?" Cas pushed.

Gabriel didn't answer. He just hid his face in Sam's shirt again. Cas looked at Sam, both of them sharing a worried glance. Carefully, Sam ran his fingers through Gabriel's hair and said, "Gabe, who's coming?"

"That man," Gabriel mumbled. "The one who killed Charlie and Kevin."

A glass broke behind them and Gabriel curled back into Sam's chest quickly. Dean stood in the doorway, a shattered mug at his feet. His eyes watered and he asked, "Charlie's dead?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I did what he told me to do. I went with him when he threatened them and he still shot her. I'm so sorry, Dean." Gabriel choked out. Sam swallowed and held Gabriel closer.

Dean sat down on the love seat and Cas quickly moved to sit with him. "Dean, I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"

He didn't reply. Cas sighed and just gently held his hand under the cover of a pillow. Gabriel looked up at him, tiredly and said, "Dean, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Gabe," Dean sighed. He stood up, sniffing. "Well, I need to go to work soon."

"You can call in to work today, Dean," Cas whispered. "Bobby will understand."

"I'm okay, Cas. I need to go." Dean told him, blinking back tears.

Cas sighed, knowing there was no stopping him, and watched him walk down the hall.

Sam brushed Gabriel's hair back and sighed as well. "Gabe, let's go lay down upstairs, okay?"

"No, no, I can't see from there. They'll come in and we won't know." Gabriel huffed, "I'm staying down here."