yeosang

"yeosang, you worked hard."
"thank you, hyung."
"let's go for ice cream?"
"okay!"

it's an ateez thing. whenever their leader thinks that a member worked hard, let be it dancing, composing, recording or even staying up, keeping atiny's up to date on vlive, hongjoong would reward them with ice cream.

wooyoung likes peach ice cream, mingi likes watermelon, jongho likes vanilla and yeosang likes chocolate.

hongjoong just likes to reward his friends with ice cream. it's not too expensive, yet it's tasty and makes everyone happy.

"so, yeosang ah,"

the younger of the two looked up at the elder, hands picking at the ice cream with the little spoon he's holding.

"would you want to talk about the concept of the song you've composed?"

yeosang stared at his hyung, surprised at the unexpected question.

"i mean, it's okay if you don't want to talk about it,"

hongjoong stopped himself from making yeosang feel more awkward. what hongjoong wanted was to start a conversation, not to make himself and yeosang feel awkward and uncomfortable.

"hyung, it's okay, thank you for asking!"

luckily, yeosang understood the elder's intentions immediately.

"i wanted it to be a song to express gratitude," he replied, a blush evident on his cheeks.

hongjoong now understood why yeosang shyly asked the members to write letters to someone they're grateful for, resulting in tears from san, jongho and even hongjoong himself.

"you did well, yeosang."

"thank you, hyung."

hongjoong smiled at yeosang, proud of how far they've come throughout the past years.

he knew that from would be a great and successful song, and that it'll be a fans' favourite track. he just knew it.