seonghwa

"hongjoong, no one likes you. i hope you know that."

"i hate you, seonghwa."

"i hate you too."

hongjoong knew he started it, but he couldn't help but to feel his heart clench.

seonghwa glared at hongjoong.

the younger members stared at the two, eyes wide.

seonghwa turned to look at them, sighed to himself and stormed off. he decided that a walk at the nearby park would be a good thing to do as he needed personal space. he also needed to calm down.

hongjoong held back his tears. he knew he shouldn't have made a joke like that. he shouldn't have joked around and said that he was disappointed in seonghwa. his seonghwa hyung is sensitive when it comes to things like this.

it started with a recording session. hongjoong thought that everyone did well, but he thought that the atmosphere was a little bit too tense for an early morning. so, he cracked a joke.

seonghwa didn't take it well, and commented on how the other made a bad friend, and they started calling each other names which resulted in tears.

-

"hongjoong hyung, you need to apologize." mingi said to the boy who had tear stained cheeks, softly.

hongjoong looked up at mingi, and realized that the members, except seonghwa, were all there.

"h-how?"

the members exchanged glances and said "ice cream" in unison.

hongjoong nodded, and put the few coins he had in the pocket of his jeans. with those, he was ready to head out.

-

"guys, where's hongjoong?"

seonghwa returned home about an hour later.

"he went out to get something,"

seonghwa nodded and sat down on the sofa. he thought of ways to apologize to the younger boy.

-

"oh, seonghwa hyung?"
"hongjoong,"

they smiled softly at each other for the first time in what felt like days.

"i- i got you ice cream,"

seonghwa nodded, and took the vanilla flavoured ice cream from hongjoong.

"i'm sorry,"

hongjoong looked at seonghwa, shocked.

"but i started it,"

"and i'm the older member. i should have been the bigger person, joong."

hongjoong shook his head. he didn't agree with seonghwa, at all.

but hongjoong knew better than to risk another argument between the two, so he just apologized, and hugged the elder.

"friends?"
"friends."

the members smiled, happy that the two made up.