Chapter 6

*Jai's POV*

I clutched my stomach, doubled over with laughter, trying to catch my breath. Tears streaming down her face, Ivy was one step worse than me-on the floor, her eyes closed because she was laughing so hard. My mum had her phone out and was videoing us both, and try as we might, neither of us could stop.

I think I'd forgotten what we were originally laughing at, but by this point we were just laughing at each others’ faces, and the fact that neither of us could stop.

Finally, we came to our senses, and Ivy reached up for me to pull her to her feet.

As soon as I touched her hand, the sneaky bitch pulled me to the ground with her, laughing harder than ever. I managed to catch a glimpse of Leah and Luke rolling their eyes at us from the kitchen door and walking off, before I collapsed into hysterics beside Ivy.

I think even mum got bored of us after a while, because she murmured something about 'letting us get on with it' before walking out the kitchen.

'Oww, Jai my stomach' Ivy beamed between giggles.

'Me too' I gasped, trying to calm myself down.

After about two minutes, Ivy realised that we had to make dinner, since Mum’d ditched us, which sobered her up.

I got busy with the dough, kneading it and rolling it flat before making sure it was circular.

Ivy passed me the flour, which I added on the bottom to make sure that it wouldn’t stick, before putting it to the side and starting the next one.

*IVY’s POV*

 I did try not to stare at his arms while he was kneading the dough, but Jai really had very toned arms.

‘Do you work out?’ I asked, feeling sheepish

‘Yep’ said Jai, looking round at me staring at his arms before laughing. ‘Wanna feel?’ he said cockily, waggling his eyebrows at me.

Was there any point in saying no?

‘Jaidon Brooks...are you showing off?’

He just grinned, the bastard!

I tried for reluctance to mollify myself, but Jai gave me a look that told me he saw through it.He lifted his left arm out, and tensed his muscles for me.

Woah.

I felt it, and it was completely hard. My breath caught.

He leant towards me, oh so slowly, closer, closer until I could count his tiny freckles.

Suddenly, all I saw was white.

‘You did NOT just flick flour in my face’ I said, reaching my hand back towards the open flour sack, a mischievous grin playing around my lips

*Jai's POV*

Well we were back to our laughing fit again. Beau and Heidi came to watch us, as we threw flour at each other wildly. Heidi had Lala in her hands, who was nuzzling her. Well that was strange of Lala!

I paused, grabbing Ivy round the waist as she shrieked, and pulling her back against me so she couldn't move before saying to Beau 'Looks like Lala approves of Heidi, then'

I wrapped my other arm around Ivy too, and she gasped between giggles; she was wriggling so much! 'You're not going anywhere!' I whispered into her ear.

Beau'd gone red at my comment, but Heidi seemed to not acknowledge me or Ivy, who was still moving in my arms trying to get free. Beau quickly took her back out the kitchen.

I grinned at Ivy's look of despair as I got a handful of flour and dropped it on top of her head. She shook her hair wildly, covering me with flour too. Oh, Ivy, what am I going to do with you?

She turned around and glared at me, before bursting into laughter again; we both did. Why couldn't I stop laughing?

'What ARE you doing?' said mum, looking slightly horror-struck as she walked into the kitchen, which was now covered in flour.

'We-uh-I got a bit carried away with the flour. Sorry mum, I'll clean it up, and finish dinner, it's my fault'

'Sorry Gina' Ivy mumbled quickly.

Mum tried not to smile. 'That's okay Ivy, Jai's the host so he'll have to take responsibility' she said, before turning to Jai. 'Thanks Jai-Jai. Well I have to say I thought you were Luke, making this much mess!'

She was right. This was not like me at all.

'And Jai, I can't remember the last time I've heard you laugh so hard' mum beamed, seeming to direct her words more to Ivy than to me.

And with that, she left the room, before sticking her head round to remind me to give Ivy something to wear, since she couldn't go home in those clothes.

'Jai-Jai?!' said Ivy, snorting

'Shut up' I said, embarrassed. 'Are you gonna help me clean up then?' I asked Ivy hopefully

'Nope' she gave me a look before continuing 'I'm going to get changed'

We went to my room and I tossed her my Penola hoodie. 'This okay?' I said, not knowing what I should really give a girl to wear.

'Yep, thanks Jai-Jai' she said winking, before disappearing into the bathroom, leaving me to stand there, shaking my head.

*Ivy's POV*

After showering myself off, I pulled up the much-too-long sleeves of Jai's hoodie, grinning into the mirror of the bathroom. It smelt delicious, just like him, and was so warm. I hugged myself in it, laughing at my slightly flushed reflection as I remembered him trapping me in his arms. Oh, Jai.

Let me know what you think in the comments pleaaase! Have an awesome week :)