Turn 10: Unchained Melody

I saw the wand of Aunt Fauna lying on the ground; I picked it up, and took Prince Phillip's hand. We rode his horse from there and wandered to the palace.

In a few minutes we were at the corner of a warehouse. The horse came to a stop near the junked pile.

"You sure it's safe here?"

Prince Phillip gave me a look. I asked him again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Aurora,"

Phillip adjusted his body and carefully stepped out. He propped his first one foot to the ground, then the other. He took the torch which I was holding so he could drive the horse properly. I hopped out of the horse too and together, we walked behind the building and cross the vacant lot. I glanced around, hoping no one was watching.

When we reached the warehouse, Phillip moved the chain on the gate out of the way and pushed it open. We stepped fast. He pushed the gate closed and I followed him to the loading dock.

"Hey, Phil," I said.

"Yes?"

"What are we doing here?"

I heard his footsteps as he moved away. He took another deep breath or two, then took the torch from his left hand to his right, and extinguish it on the floor. He carefully stepped on it to make sure it's out.

Sunlight lit the room, but beyond it the warehouse was dark. The beam of light cut through the darkness like a knife. He leaned his back against the wall, sat on the floor and closed his eyes. The room was hot and stuffy. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. I sat beside him and waited for his response.

"Maleficent told me to watch over you, didn't she?"

"So are you doing this for Maleficent or are you doing this for me?" I said.

"I'm doing this because— I wanted to protect you"

He opened his gray eyes; his pupil closed and opened as it adjusted the degrees to control the amount of light his eyes received. Looking at him, I unconsciously trailed at his cheekbones down to his lips.

Prince Phillip was adorable.

Suddenly, he tapped his forefinger to his lips. Rising a brow, I asked him.

"What?"

He tapped his lips again twice. Did he want me to kiss him?

I felt my heartbeat quicken.

"I really want you, Aurora." He said. "Would you let me touch you even just for a while?"

"What?"

"I want you, right now, Aurora. Please don't make me wait any longer."

"What?"

"Aurora, please—" he leaned over. I quickly swiped his face away from mine and stood up. My arms were down as I glared at him.

Shaking my head, I stared at him in silence as he stood up too. He was in no mood to talk.

"Listen, I don't know what you're feeling right now. I don't know if I could help you with that. But you are as naïve as you look if you think I came here because I want to."

Hot and angry, I walked out of the warehouse. The air was hot and humid, but it felt good to be outside. I took a deep breath and let it slowly escape from my lungs, forcing my muscles to relax. A light breeze swept over me. It was cool against my damp skin.

Calmer now, I felt something in my hand. I glanced down and saw Aunt Fauna's wand. I felt a grin stretched across my face. Holding the wand with courage, I wiggled it.