Wound

Date- 8th June 1 1889, Germa Camp.

Dearest Luffy,

Today I met your childhood buddy, Zoro. Met is a soft word, he arrived on a stretcher to my table with a bullet in his left eye and barbed wire around his ankles and wrists. Bepo was the one who sent him my way, I must say I was not hopeful when I saw his state. Third-degree injuries, broken bones, an eye lost and extreme blood loss.

Again my mind rushed back to the thought of you! We met because it was you knocking hard on my cabin door in Rocky Port, with an injured Zoro slung on your shoulders, two years ago. Your first words were –save him!  You were bleeding, but you were adamant to save him. And I did save the greenhead idiot. But I had no idea Zoro was fighting the war in North Blue, when did he leave your battalion? I see he got promoted to the rank of Vice-Admiral.

I performed 10-hour long surgery; I must admit, you East Blue people have a strong will to live. Zoro was in extreme pain, but not once did he flinch in pain. Getting that bullet out of him was the riskiest operation I have done in years. The wires were rusted, I had to vaccinate him and clean his wounds constantly. The worst problem we faced was blood supply, Germa Camp has been suffering from depleting reserve in the blood bank.

Zoro belongs to the most common blood type, and yet it was really difficult getting them in time. The para-medic boy I told you about, Chopper, he did a marvelous job! He got the blood packs in time, and we pumped it inside Zoro.

To his horror he will be knocked out for a few weeks, which means I am writing to his superiors to give him early retirement, it might not go down well with him when he wakes up. But as a doctor, I think his body has endured a lot! He is only 22!

All is well with Zoro, do not worry, I will take care of him in the best possible ways and means within my means.

Did you get my previous letter in your new location?

Luffy, I wanted to ask you this, what happened that night? The night you both came to my cabin for help? You got that scar on your chest, and Zoro almost lost his life. The war had only begun, you both were already high ranking officers, why were you returning from a mission without back up? Who hurt you that night? It was not a shotgun wound like you tried to tell me, I never pestered you because I assumed it was Military Top Secret, and I was a lowly doctor. That was a metal burn injury, I hope one day when this war is over, and you and I are sitting in our cosy garden sipping tea, you will tell me who wound you.

I miss you, don't you dare do something stupid like Zoro! I want you back in my arms, in one piece, without any more wounds and scars.

I love you.

Yours loving

Traffy.

****

Excerpt from Luffy's postcard.

7 JUNE 1889.

TO

MY TRAFFY,

I LOVE YOU.

JUST SETTLED IN MY NEW CABIN CHAMBER.

RECEIVED THREE LETTERS FROM YOU.

USOPP THE DELIVERY BOY FIGURED OUR SITUATION, HE WILL FISH OUT OUR LETTERS FROM NOW ON.

I MISS YOU A LOT

LOVE,

LUFFY