second impressions

Terry:

I walked past the small but cozy living room at the from of the house and followed Sam into the kitchen. "Would you like something to eat?" She asked me with her head shoved inside the fridge like she was searching for a long lost family heirloom.

The kitchen was beautiful, simple, but so elegant with two sets of  light, cream coloured, wooden cupboards one at the bottom and another suspended atop of it, both alined on the wall on the right side of the room. The bottom bench had a black granite counter running across the bottom piece with little sparkly shards of marble contaimed in it as if it were a picture of the night sky framed still so no star would be able to fall out. The counter extended to make an L shaped breakfast bar, with high black kitchen stools placed on the out side of the marble island in the place which connected the kitchen with the dinning room.

Opposite the counter with the sink, sat a huge grey fridge with double doors, on them were many pictures secured in place with colourful magnets of the alphabet, i wanted to take a closer look but i didn't know if that was appropriate considering my circumstance so i took a seat on one of the high stools facing the slide doors adjacent to the fridge.

The back yard was also well organized and it's beauty matched the rest of the house, if not exceeded, it had many garden gnomes and other means of decoration, lined on the slightly over grown grass,with tall hedged  that supposedly worked as barriers to keep out unwanted guests, surprisingly, it only added to the beauty of the place.

Shimmering LED lights were dangling from the short pine trees that looked as if they were planted recently. It really was a sight for sore eyes. I'd always loved nature.

"Hey, You still there?" Sam clicked her fingers in front of my face,waking me from a trance I hadent noticed I was in. There was a smile pulling at her lips when she asked  " like what you see?" Shaking her head and going back to cluttering the counter with ingredients I hadn't notice her get out  " uh...yeah" I stammered."it's nice .. I guess". "Well I'm glad you like it, it's nice to hear good comments about my choice of furniture and decoration" she said smiling and pulling her hair back in a low pony tail and putting on a flowery apron.

"Any requests before I get started?" " um, uh .. no, I'll have whatever your making" I tried to return her smile but I think I failed it probably looked more forced than one of an abducted child to their psycho kidnapper begging them for food.

" well ok then, I'll be cooking head of lamb, you should taste the tongue  when it's straight out of the pot,umm delishhh!. She enfesized the last word liking her tongue and staring the horrified and disgusted look I must have had on my face and burst out in laughter " just kidding!" She exclaimed, holding her size because of how hard she was laughing " I know you're a vegetarian honey, don't worry I won't be freeing you against your will" she said with a chuckle " how about mac 'n' cheese, ey?" I nodded letting out a small sigh of relief I had never seen her so unprofessional before. I almost believed her thinking she must be incapable of making a jokeout in the open,never mind to me, her most trusted pain in the behind.

I just stood there as she prepared the meal, when my legs grew tired of standing I began standing on one leg so the other could rest then rotated this action. She must have noticed because she looked up from what she was doing and pointed at the stools in front of me on the island " well as pretty as you may think they are, they aren't there Just for show, so sit your back side down, now " She said, teasingly, I smirked at the idea of how different she was when she wasn't around those stuffy, belittling orphanage head masters, wearing her pencil skirts and 3/4 sleeve button down blouses with her 2 inch heels, trying to convince them to agree on letting me stay at their mercy. I rolled my eyes at the thought and rested my chin between my fingers with my elbow on the marble table top.

I must have zoned out for a while because she once again pulled me out of my thoughts " earth to Terry, testing, testing, can anyone hear me in there?" She chuckled whilst waving her hand in front of my face " well seeing as you aren't going to engage in the fascinating convos I was so very eager to have with you, why don't you grate the remaining mozzarella and top this beauty of before putting it in the oven?" She more told than asked " I'll be right back just gonna get a quick shower and change before dinner, don't burn your self alright" she dissapeared up the stairs but quickly reappeared with her head sticking out from behind the railings "and do not think about eating that bad boy before I come back down" I I smiled at her unenthiuziastically put my hand in a saluting action "Yes sir,I mean ma'am, I will not" she glared at me with an astonished look on her face before once again retreating up the stairs "Well I'll be dammed, HE SPEAKS!!" I chuckled to my self and could hear the faint sound of her doing the same as she reached the top of the flight.

Half an hour later I had the tray out of the oven and was sitting back in my seat when I heard her foot steps coming down " ummm! Wow, that smells so good!!" She said sniffing the air with closed eyes then started to rub her hands together as she approached the tray of her so called "baby". She set out the table with plates for us and filled one for each of us with the stringy goodness. Neither of us talked as we wiped our dishes clean and went back once again to the kitchen plates in hand. She took mine from me and placed them in the dishwasher "thanks" I said to her nervously, I didn't like to thank people " it was good"  she really was a good cook so I thought maybe she deserved it , even though the food wasn't the only thing I was thanking for. " you're very welcome, glad you liked it. Matt, my boyfriend won't be home till late tonight, he's got a late shift, so if you'd like to watch something on tv it's in the living room we passed earlier, unfortunately, we don't have a spare room, as you can see this house is incredibly large ,sarcastically speaking , so you'll have to sleep on the couch, I put out a pillow and  blanket for you so make your self comfortable, I'm gonna head up to bed and we'll talk about what we're gonna do about you in the morning " she said turning to leave . I nodded and went to go to sleep where she instructed.

The living room was as she said, incredibly small but felt so warm and homy, almost as soon as I reached the sofa and got in a reasonably comfortable position, well, as comfortable as sleeping on a rather small sofa with my legs dangling of the side. But I've been in worse positions so I wasn't complaining. I fell asleep without even properly assessing my surrounding the room to evaluate it.

************************************

AUTHORS NOTE:

Ok so this is the second chapter of this book hope you liked it.

So we found out a little bit more about Terry and Sams personalities and how Terry is getting less stressed around her and how Sams getting less formal about him.

What are your thoughts about this chapter and the book so far?

Thank you for reading!!