memories from the past

The alarms sounded, their loud buzzing filling the air, with a sense of emergency, Terry had only a few moments to get out, if he got caught this time things wouldn't end well , and he knew it.

The shrieking sound of police sirens where getting louder and louder, closer and closer, with every passing second! Panic started to over take him. He tried to flee the scene as quickly as possible, but not this time. This time they were ready for him. He had just walked into their trap!!

*****

Terry was only 4 when his parents had abandoned him in a crowded, train station.
They had told him they would be back in a matter of minutes, for a reason neither they had told him, nor had he cared to ask, for his blind trust in his parents was just that, blind. Plus they promised they'd be back. Why would the promise, if they weren't coming back?

He waited and waited, people came and people went, eyeing the little boy sitting alone on the side bench suspiciously but no one cared to ask why.

By the time the sun had started to fall, the station was beginning to clear up there were only a couple of travellers waiting for their late trains to arrive. Terry was now tired and hungry and so very afraid. He had no idea where his parents had gone or why they had taken so long, but decided to stay put in case they came looking for him.

It was now night time and the weather had gotten rather chilly, the little boy could no longer keep his eyes open but he faught the urge to fall asleep as long as he possibly could but it didn't take long for him to drift of in a light slumber. His dreams never those to match his age. Whilst children of his young years dreamt of sweets and rainbows and talking kitties, his were always different. He dreamt of dark castles, forests and things that would always wake him in the middle of the night, soaked through with sweat, fear fogged his innocent little eyes but he was somehow made happy when his mother told him that he was special. That his dreams where  magical and he was the luckiest person in the world to behold them. That they were a gift many people envied and would do anything to get the gift he had and the power that came with them, in their hands.

So in time he started to forget about the fear his dreams brought him,and would think of them as a bed time story. Just after he had gone to bed...

*********

11 years later...

The moment Terry stepped out of the store he was faced with five police cars circled around the front door. He stared in disbelief as one of the police men said something into his HT radio about the rabbit catching the bait.

Terry looked around for a way to escape, they had sealed all the exits, he was completely trapped!

" put down your weapon and slowly raise your hands above your head !"
One of the law enforcers shouted through his speaker phone.

Even in this situation he found himself chuckling slightly, shaking his head in the process. If they had known it was a fake, merely a toy gun he had stolen from one of the young kids at the orphanage he doubted they would go through such precautions. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now? Not so much.

He put down the toy and did as he was told. Another police man approached him from the side cuffing his hands behind his back "move!" He yelled at Terry , leading him to one of the cars, shoving him into the back seat and slamming the door shut, smirking at him in triumph. Terry returned the smirk and looked ahead not moving once or showing an ounce of fear or concern as he waited in silence.

"It's a fake! It's freaking made of plastic!!" He heard one of them proclaim, which made his smirk grow even wider.

.....