2. •Δ Heads Up Δ•

The Script - Superheroes

When you've been fighting for it all your life

You've been struggling to make things right

That's how a superhero learns to fly

Every day, every hour, turn the pain into power

4 Days Ago

Hands propped on our hips, eyes wide in alarm. Both Jenny and I read the obscenities written on the sidewall of my cafe. Jenny noticed them first on her way to the kitchen, when she gave me the bad news I had panicked but when I saw the spray-painted writings on the wall to be some uncultured words against women I was actually relieved because they weren't any gang graffiti.

"What the hell, Arianna. How can you be so calm." Jenny shrieked, shaking my shoulders.

"Because all our customers come from our left, nobody will even see the writings on the wall and-"

"So you're gonna leave it here. Look over there, Arianna. They didn't even spell it correctly."

"If they knew how to read they wouldn't be doing this at night. I had heard some commotion but it was dark so I didn't step out. We'll buy some black paint. That will cover it."

"Or we can just make Clint scrub off the paints. It's already peeling out." She pointed, as always wanting Clint to do something he isn't paid for. Before I could answer her, Clint came over and Jeeny began to inspect him for any stain of spray paint in his hands or clothes. I let them be and went to the cafe.

A few hours later we were done with the morning batch of pastries. I carefully placed them on a wooden stand. I couldn't even cover it with the glass cloche properly before Jenny came with our camera. We use it for taking pictures of our food and the cafe for social media. Before we could argue on the camera angle my phone rang and Jenny gave me an evil smirk. I was going to go something equally silly but my lips sealed as I saw the caller ID. I couldn't really believe my eyes, taking it to be a mistake from her side, I ignored the call. When it rang again, my face fell and Jenny stiffened beside me looking at the caller's ID. Hesitantly, I receive the call.