Part15_Dark silent Mansion

“Nandni may be you should rethink about it. You can talk to Mr Daniel. Manik sir might object to you but Daniel sir can convince him to take you back...!” khushi was trying her best to change nandni’s decision. The whole family was ready to shift in their village house until nandni gets any other job. She can’t pay rent for the house they were living in. All her savings she already paid for the bank loan instalment.

“I can’t. You know very well. I can’t force Daniel sir to do anything because it will upset manik. Already he have no one except Daniel. I don’t want both of them to stand against each other...!” nandni said while stomping here and there to pack all the remaining things.

“I’m gonna miss you. Now I don't feel to go in that office anymore...!” khushi fell back at the bed with a deep sigh.

After packing everything Nandni went to see Raj. She was aware if someone is more shattered and hopeless it was him. It’s very rare Raj said it out loud but she could see how he blames for everything they were facing. It wasn’t his fault that he lost his son. It wasn’t his fault that he lost his strength. He got paralysed, he couldn’t handle malhotra industries and malhotra mansion as well. But nothing was his fault.

          -------------

Thinking deeply nandni didn’t realise when she got reached at front of Raj's door. She trying to convince herself that she really wanted to walk away from this city and from him. She shook her head and knocked the door.

“Come in....!” She listened his permission and churning voice of wheelchair also, like he moved around to face the door.

“Nandni bety come here....!” Raj stretched his hand after placing the book at side table. After coming at wheelchair, nandni always bought his favourite books so that he couldn’t feel bored.

“Are you ready to go, to visit your hawelli...?” getting closer nandni asked in her excited tone.

“Yes my child, I'm ready....!” When she saw a wave of pain taking place at his features, Kneeling down she placed her head at his knees.

“I’m sorry dad. I couldn’t fulfil my responsibilities....!” nandni whispered lowly, apologising profusely. Raj sighed and placed his hand at her head.

“Never say sorry. You already did so much for all of us. Infect I’m sorry for not being there when you all needed me...!” Raj patted her head with devotion and kindness.

“I know I may not be able to stay around him any more, however I can’t see him live a life which is a lie. His name, his identity, people whom he thinks are his family, everything is a lie....!” nandni said trying to explain the pain she was going through. Raj rested his head back at headrest still moving his palm at her head. He knew how she was feeling about the whole situation and how hard is it for her.

“Dad I shouldn’t talk to him the way I did. I just got panicked, what I will do without this job….!” Her heart felt heavy whenever she thought that she might not get chance to tell him or to apologise for calling him heartless. It was just their last exchange being one of anger and frustration. She recalled agony and darkness of his thought, she felt pain started to cripple her again.

“Don’t worry everything will be fine…!” Raj whispered lowly.

“He is still the same grumpy man. I saw the same emotions in his eyes for you. He still loves you so much. But you know he is just stopping himself of approaching you....!” Raj giggled while explaining manik’s condition. Nandni looked up surprisingly.

“Dad What are you talking, I feel he really hates me....!” nandni said trying to control her uneven tone.

“No way, Manik Malhotra can never hate nandni....!” Raj chuckled while patting her cheek softly.