47

Yoongi had just finished putting the bags of food in the tent when he heard a familiar sobbing coming his way down the dimly lit path towards the tents. As he poked his head out he could see Yn coming his way holding hands with Jungkook and crying. He rushed out the tent giving the youngest a suspicious look as he walked towards them.
"Kitten? What's the matter?" he asked as the others also all appeared to see what the commotion was.

Yn latched onto Yoongi's front as held her and stroked her hair listening to Jimin and Jungkook's story about their stupid game. As soon as he found out what had happened Hoseok saw his face drop and quickly tugged little Yn into his own grip as Yoongi suddenly lunged forwards being caught quickly by Jin and Namjoon. Yoongi was angry.

He didn't remember the last time he was this mad. That stupid plushie was one of the most important things to Yn. It had been there for her when no one else had. It was her main source of comfort when the cruel world fucked her over. This trip was meant to be good for Yn, he thought she could finally have fun and relax now she was happy and living with him but no. This stupid little idiot went and lost the damn porcupine plushie.

After Jungkook had vanished into the safety of his tent and Jin had managed to calm Yoongi down he went to find Yn and Hoseok. Yn was laying on Hoseok's camp bed with her head on his lap, her back to the tent door as he stroked her hair and she fisted his t-shirt. He didn't have the comforting smell Yoongi did but she trusted him enough. He'd met her a lot in little space now.

Yoongi's heart broke as he saw Yn and Hoseok so close. In his mind he was the only one allowed to be this close to her when she was little.
"what the hell are you doing?!" he snapped and Hoseok frowned as Yn sat up.
"I'm comforting her because you were to busy fighting." his voice holding a warning. He didn't want to fight in front of little Yn but Yoongi was so wound up he wasn't seeing sense anymore.
"Don't comfort her like that though! There are other ways!"
"Daddy? Is Hannah coming back?" Yoongi snapped back to caregiver mode upon hearing his precious babys voice.

He was angry at all of them for letting this happen but for Yn he put his anger aside as he crouched down by the bed and cupped her face.
"Kitten? Listen to daddy okay? Hannah isn't coming back baby. She..."a long pause followed before his face lit up at an idea.
"She's gone to live with the mermaids!"
"Mermaids?..."Yn thought it over for a bit.
" Yeah.. Mermaids. There's a new mermaid baby who needs a cute plushie just like Hannah."

He wasn't even sure if this would work but Hoseok watched with interest. He'd never seen his friend this way, so determined to make her happy, so determined to make her world perfect, so ready to make up fantasy stories to soften the blow of a lost toy. In Hoseok' s eyes this was love of the highest calibre. Yoongi would do anything for Yn, that much was clear, from the way his face lit up when he spoke   about her, to the way his gaze softened when he needed to be gentle with her like she was made of glass. Even now he was looking into her eyes so softly, holding her gaze and face so gently while he tried to convince her the plushie was in a better place.

Hoseok felt like he was intruding in his own tent because of their soft moment, once Yoongi started to kiss her for head gently and sat on the bed pulling Yn onto his lap he decided to leave to check the youngest was okay and that Jin was making food of some sort as the time ticked into the night.