Chapter 7

I didn't talk much to anybody that day.

   It was Wednesday, and everyone in the pack house went out on Wednesdays. So I was left here. Alone.

   Scott came back about an hour after he left with that man. He didn't say anything, he didn't even look at me. I was sitting against the headboard with my chained leg to my chest. Despite the burning sensation, I stared straight at Scott with a neutral expression on my face and swung the chain back and forth with my hand. He didn't spare me a single glance. He showered, changed, and before he left I uttered only one sentence.

   "You know, this is only going to make it worse for you when I get out of these chains," I said. He left without a word.

   Five hours have passed since then and I haven't eaten or had any human communication at all. I've tried to mindlink my mom, in vain. I haven't eaten. I found out that I kind of miss the vampire guy. Angie had woken up and, to say the very least, was sorry to miss all the drama, especially the part with the second mate. I slept a little. She's decided that she's upset with Cado for hitting me and possibly giving me a concussion, and most importantly I haven't eaten.

    The two most important things in my life were food and sleep.

   I decided to try and bite through the chain, my fangs have snapped bones in half before, it was worth a try.

   >

   Thirty minutes passed. I was under the bed and Angie and I were playing twenty questions, even though we didn't really know how to play and we could kind of already tell what the other one was thinking about. That's what happens when you live inside each other's head.

   Is it a food? I asked.

   Yes! She did a wolfy giggle.

   Is it a steak again?

   Yes! She laughed.

   Angie that's the third time-

   Suddenly the door opened and slammed shut. I turned my head to the side to see the feet. They were Scott's.

   Remember Angie, give Cado the silent treatment.

   She nodded. And then I was pulled out from under the bed by my chain.

    I noticed he was wearing gloves. That ticked me off.

   "Oh It's okay for poor me to get burned, but the big bad alpha gets to wear gloves? Great way to treat your mate, by the way! And guess what, you're not allowed to touch my chain anymore," I grabbed the chain and pulled it out of his hands, then I bundled them up and tried to pile them on top of me, even though my body felt like it was being slowly cooked. He huffed in annoyance and I slid back under the bed, until he bent down and grabbed my free ankle. He pulled me back out.

   "The least you could do is make this easier on me by being a normal werewolf and just lay on the bed," he growled out.

   I narrowed my eyes at him, "Oh yeah you're so right, this must be so difficult for you." I shook the chains in front of his face and tried to ignore the burning sensation in my palms. He picked me up bridal style and threw me on the bed. The chain brushed on his forearm and he hissed.

   "Micah and I did research, steel isn't as effective on you as it is on full wolves, you'll be fine," he growled out. "Anyway, I just came up to see what you wanted for dinner," he muttered.

   A gigantic bowl of hot, steaming, noodles.

   "Chicken," I said.

   "Chicken? Chicken what?"