Chapter 3

My mom and I followed the buff son up the stairs and I found myself hypnotized by his calf muscles moving up and down.

   "My name's Jeremy, by the way," he said over his shoulder. I gave him a smile and my mom mumbled a 'hello'.

   We climbed all the way to the third floor of the house and reached a door at the end of the hall.

   "This is your stop, my father's waiting for you inside. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go mingle," he said. He raised his eyebrows up and down suggestively and almost ran back to the first floor.

   "I feel scared for the girl that ends up with him," I whispered to my mom. She nodded.

   "She'll be broken in half by the time they've mated," she whispered back and I laughed. Sometimes it was as if my mom was still here and I was glad that I still had a few normal moments with her.

   I knocked on the door and the Alpha told us to come in. We entered and saw the Alpha sitting at a big desk with his wife staring longingly out of the window behind him. We took our seats in front of the desk.

    "So, Evie Fae, Evie Fae... Evie Fae," the Alpha mumbled as he leafed through a file on his desk.

   "No disrespect alpha, but my last name isn't Fae, it's Barat," I said. Sure it's not as cute as Fae, but it was my dad's. Plus it was manly.

   He ignored me. "I see you got into a fight today... Your first day in the community house and you're already fighting?" He paused from the folder to glance up at me.

   "To be fair, Alpha, the kid had it coming," I paused, "And it wasn't one fight, we fought at school and the pack house," I said. I looked at my mother to see if she was angry, but she was staring into the distance again. I turned back to the Alpha.

   "The kid was my nephew, Cory Redmond," he replied. He leaned back in his chair and raised his eyebrows, "What could he have done to deserve anything from you, Miss Fae?"

   I stuck my chin up a little. "My last name isn't Fae, it's Barat, which was my dad's name. It would be cool if you didn't call me Fae, it's kind of... lame," I told him. My lips pressed themselves into a line and I raised my eyebrows.

   He seemed a little angry.

   His eyes darkened a little and I felt my canines grow into my fangs, out of my control. He growled at me and a side of my mouth curled up. I wasn't trying to intimidate him or trying to pick a fight with the Alpha, my body just usually had a mind of its own.

   The Luna swiftly turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. She whispered into his ear and he instantly relaxed, his eyes went back to golden brown. She whispered lowly enough so that the other werewolves couldn't hear her.

   "The Fae blood line produced lots of great betas and third in commands, you should be honored to call yourself a Fae! Even if the blood is tainted now," he muttered. He glared at my mom and I felt my hands ball up into fists, I suddenly wondered how it would feel to have his hot blood fill my mouth and throat.

   At that same time the door opened and someone who smelled slightly like the Alpha walked in. It was the oldest son.

   I wanna see, I wanna see, I wanna see, I wanna see, Angie chanted.

   Suddenly she started howling in my head and I couldn't think straight.

   My eyes widened as my ears started ringing.

   Angie! Shut the hell up!

   Mate, she growled.

   Angie, you know that might not be possible with us-