Chapter 6

At that moment I had many conflicting feelings.

   Confusion. Is it possible I have two mates? How's it possible? Why am I loving this kiss so much?

   Remorse. Am I cheating on Scott? I mean, it's not like he asked me to be his girlfriend but...

   More confusion. Does this make me a terrible person? Can Scott feel it when I kiss another person?

   It was a few minutes since my new mate, person, put his lips on mine. He's been trying to get a reaction out of me but I've just been sitting.

   And then the remorse in me spilled over.

   I ripped my hands from his and pushed him roughly away from me. He fell on his back and slid across the ground a little, and I heard a hiss come from him. I decided to do what I do best.

   He didn't follow me. Even though a little part of me made me run a little slower than usual.

    Ten minutes later, right when I passed the border of pack territory, I sensed other wolves close by and, out of instinct, climbed the nearest tree.

   "Sir, she could be anywhere-"

   "FIND HER!" Someone boomed. Scott. Or I guess it must have been Cado. I climbed higher among the branches until I had a good view of the scene below me, Cado was standing in front of some guy.

   "I know this isn't my place alpha, but maybe you could let her be! I mean, surely she'd come back to you on her own if you gave her time, she probably just needed to cope with the new arrangement!" The figure said. I nodded.

   "How dare you side with her on this! I am your alpha! She is nothing to you! She is nothing without me by her side!" He shouted. I definitely felt offended this time.

    Time to run back to my other mate.

    "You must find her and bring her to me now! No one must know that I can't handle my own mate, they wouldn't want me alpha! She's here on the land somewhere now go!" He bellowed. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

   Sure, he doesn't want people to know but he screams it to the whole world.

   The second man left and Cado was left standing there, fuming.

   Suddenly his head snapped up toward the sky and he sniffed the air. I froze. He turned in a quick circle and I heard him growl. Then his gaze turned toward the trees and I almost died.

   Just when his eyes were almost at my spot in the trees, the man came back.

   "Alpha we have confirmed she is in the territory," he said.

   "Of course she is, idiot! I'm the one who told you she was here! Find her!" He yelled. Poor guy. He said something else and Cado rolled his eyes. Toward the tree. My tree.

   I think my dirty socks caught his eyes first.

   My heart sped up to a mile a minute and I gave him a little grin and wave, hoping to lighten the mood. His facial expression dropped from angry to severely annoyed. Time to go.

  Quickly, I shuffled down the tree and once I reached the ground I started speed walking towards the vampire.

   Maybe the other mate can tell this mate to go away.

   Behind me I heard a shuffle and then thundering foot steps.

   "Where are you going?!" He yelled.

   "Away from you," I muttered. He growled.

   "Seriously where? Where do you think you can hide that I won't find you?!" He yelled.

   "Behind my other mate, he'll protect me," I said sarcastically. A scared little laugh escaped me and I started walking faster. A thunderous growl came from him and suddenly he grabbed my arm and yanked me against him, right before I could cross the border. He turned me around and smacked me across the face.

   "You will not speak to me like that!" He yelled. "I am your alpha! You will give me respect! You will not run from me anymore!" He let go of me and automatically I fell to the right; he held me up against him before I hit the floor.

   If only Angie were awake to see him like this.

    "And what if I run from you again?" I said, wishing for the burning sensation in my face to go away.

   He brought me away from his body and held me by my arms again.

   "I'll- I'll-" he stuttered.

   I raised my eyebrows and looked at him in the eyes as angrily as I could, "You'll pretend to be all sweet and cuddly and then turn psycho on me?"

   "I'll-I'll chain you up and there won't be anymore cuddly moments," he growled. He leaned in close to me and I leaned in even further.

   "Good," I hissed back. I ripped myself out of his arms and took a step back. Then, completely on an impulse, I drew my arm back and punched him as hard as I could in the nose.

   I didn't know why I did it, but I did know I had to get the hell out of there. I spun around on my heel and started running as fast as I could. I soon learned that's not good to do when your very angry and therefore faster mate was right on your tail.

   He was catching up. I just had the feeling that if I could make it to that little clearing, the vampire would help me out. I managed to keep Scott behind me for the whole ten minutes, once I reached the clearing I burst through the trees and stopped.

   He wasn't there.

   Of course.

   I rolled my eyes and braced myself. Not even a second later Scott crashed through the opening and tackled me to the ground. My head smacked the Earth pretty hard and I had the strangest feeling like I was falling through a hole in my mind. Suddenly everything went black.

><><><><><><><><><

    When I regained consciousness I was over Scott's shoulder while he ran through the forest. The morning was getting lighter. My vision was blurry and all the jostling made it worse; I slipped back to unconsciousness.

><><><><><><><><><><

   I awoke to voices.

   "Alpha, was it really necessary to knock her unconscious?" The voice worridly asked. The man from earlier. 

   I could tell Scott was in charge now. "I didn't do it to her, she-she fell." If I could roll my eyes I would. He was talking somewhere far away, and I was laying on a comfy, flat surface. Their voices traveled further and further and soon I heard a door close.

   I opened my eyes and blinked away my bluriness. I was in Scott's room, on his bed. My left ankle felt slightly irritated.

   Out the window we go.

   I moved to get off the bed and a loud clanging sound followed me. My ankle started burning even more and I slowly turned my head, trying not to believe what I already knew.

   There was a thick silver chain connected to my ankle, running to where it was bolted in the center of the floor. My canines elongated.

   "Vendetta," I growled.