Chapter 2

Simon sat innocently on the side of the couch waiting for Raphael to appear through the door. But, because he was taking so long and because Simon had an awful curious mind, he began to wander around the apartment looking for, well anything that might catch his eye.

Throughout his walk around the living room he noticed how large the apartment really was. It must be the size of a medium sized one story house, Simon said in his mind. He saw dozens of crosses hanging on the walls and wondered how they could be in the presence of a vampire.

Simon moved onto the kitchen and found tons of Italian cookbook recipes on the counter by the oven. So he loves to cook, Simon thought as he smiled to himself. He swept his hand over the counter and not a single particle of dust remained on his finger. The entire kitchen was spotless.

Clean freak, check.

Simon giggled and began to walk to what seemed like the master bedroom.

He paused among entry. This would definitely be an invasion of privacy but would Raphael mind? Simon paused and sighed heading back to the living room but shortly paused again.

I have to do it, Simon thought.

Simon pushed the door open and turned on the lights to reveal the coolest bedroom he had ever laid eyes on. It was something out of a magazine he thought to himself while taking in ever corner of the bedroom. This by far was the grandest and largest room in the whole apartment.

The bed was perfectly made up and nothing seemed to be out of place. White fluffy carpets lined the wooden floor. The white walls brought out the color from the gray sheets on the bed. Across from the huge king sized bed there was a flat screen tv hung on the wall. The decorations were sparse but again there were multiple crosses here and there.

Huge windows and a balcony were to Simons right giving him a view of the whole city.

I could definitely live like this, Simon thought.

He moved onto the barn door that led to the bathroom and was shocked when he opened the door. The bathroom was pure magic. Spotless white tiles lined the ground with black mats in front of a hot tub sized bath. Two sinks and mirrors were to his left and so was the shower with what seemed to have three different shower heads. One from the ceiling and two from either wall. Simon felt as if he was in heaven.

He walked back out in a daze and fell onto the bed testing its comfiness.

"10/10 would recommend" Simon said as he closed his eyes.

"So I've heard. What are you doing in my bed fledgling?" Raphael asked while slightly growling.

Simon shot up quickly and began to shake in fear.

"I-I... I was touring the house..." Raphael shook his head in disappointment.

"You were touring the house alone? Are you always this rude when you enter someones home?" Raphael asked with sincerely.

Simon shook his head profoundly and began to quiver some more while whispering sorry multiple times. Raphael felt bad for his outburst at the curious creature in front of him and sat on the edge of the bed a few feet away from Simon.

"You know, if you really think this bed is 10/10 I can sleep In the guest room." Raphael said sweetly.

Simon blushed and shook his head stating that he wouldn't accept that and it was Raphaels room so he should sleep in it. Raphael laughed and shortly agreed with the young vampire.

Simon blushed and once again apologized for his rudeness and got up to leave. Raph wanted to comfort Simon but let him walk away in the end remembering what he had told himself outside.

You cannot get any closer to the young vampire. That could be trouble. Raphael signed at what his mind was telling him and was upset because this much was true.

He didn't know if Simon was gay and who was he to push himself onto such an innocent creature. Raphael may be a harsh business man but he wasn't heartless as many would say.

Although Raphael desperately wanted Simon he couldn't force anything upon him. He wanted to get to know Simon in more intimate ways yes, but by force?

No.

Raphael couldn't hurt anyone who has captured even a slimmer of his cold heart. With a large sigh Raphael walked to the kitchen to find Simon drowning his feelings by the fridge with lots and lots of blood packs.

"If you keep draining those packs there won't be any left for me." Raphael joked as he went to squat beside Simon.

Simon looked up at Raphael with his big brown eyes and started to cry. Simon had had the most traumatic experience known to vampire and he didn't know how to process any of those feelings. Crying just felt right.

Against his better judgment Raphael leaned In and held Simon close to him as he cried into his shoulder. They stayed like that for what seemed like eternity.

Simon got up abruptly and started to wipe his face shying away from Raphael.

"Sorry, I'm usually never this weak. Im actually very strong, even stronger now that I am a vampire." With that Simon winked at Raphael, starting something he shouldn't have with the elder vamp.

Raphael got up slowly all while looking Simon straight in the eyes. When he reached his full height he looked Simon up and down slowly taking him all in for what seemed like the first time. After crying Simon had rosy cheeks and his lips had swollen up. Raphael wanted nothing more but to take Simon to his room and unveil everything about themselves to each other.

Simon yawned drawing Raphael out of his thoughts and reminded him he needed to show Simon the guest bedroom.

"If you follow me the guest bedroom is right beside my room. If you need anything just knock on the wall they are paper thin. Blood is in the fridge as you know and don't be shy, you can come into my room at any time. Just knock so I don't accidentally hurt you." Raphael said after he opened the guest bedroom door.

The room was a bit smaller than the master but still big enough for a fully furnished room with a king size bed. Simon looked around and noticed another flat screen tv hung on the wall opposite to the bed.

Every room in the house was made up to perfection which made Simon think there had to be a maid somewhere. Simon turned to see Raphael standing at the door almost as if he was waiting for something.

"Thank you for letting me stay here Raphael. I really do appreciate it." Simon said quietly.

Raphael nodded his head and paused before waving goodnight to Simon. Raphael went back to his bed and felt more alone than he had ever felt in a long time. He just wanted the man in the room beside him to lay with him.

Simon settled into the room quickly and jumped into bed after finding some clothes In one of the dressers. Raphaels shirt felt huge on Simon but would probably be skin tight on the boss vampire.

With dreams in his head of the famous badass Raphael Santiago, Simon fell asleep quickly and quietly.