Seven

Harmony Odair

Peeta and I share a different cell in the tribute center. We have thin bunk beds now. We started hearing them hurt what sounded like Johanna better. I already hated the faint screams. I don't believe they wanted anything from her so she was just here. Now they're across the hall. I got nightmares worse than before. Finnick hurting me and throwing me away. Finnick hating me as a sister.
I'm sitting on the top bunk picking at my fingers until I see Peeta thrown in and the doors close behind him. He was darker. He seemed broken. Did I seem broken too?
"I'll kill her. That mutt. She's the reason I'm here. I'll kill her." I hear him mumble while sitting in the corner. I knew who he was talking about. Katniss. I couldn't say anything or he'd be angry with me for being on her side. "Peeta." I call for him to then look up at me. His face goes from angry to content in less than a second. If I tell him anything about Katniss I wouldn't be able to calm him down like this. All I want for him is to be content and happy. I jump off the top bunk and sit next to him on the ground. We don't do much talking or else they'll take us for more therapy. So I just sit. I feel him put his arm around me. I hold him back. We haven't had a full conversation since the moving of cells. Since I remembered the abuse my brother gave me.
He's used me, hit me, lied to me, betrayed me, left me, and all for what? The mockingjay. I begin to breathe hard out of anger until Peeta rubs my back. This was weird. Peeta was Katniss'.
Was.
She lied to him. Used him. Hurt him. He didn't deserve any of it. I was conflicted. I was angry with Katniss and I hated my brother. I want to kill my brother. I also didn't want Peeta to feel the way he does for Katniss like I do for Finnick. "It'll be ok." Is all I let out.

The next day there was no therapy. We had one of the rare days of a walk. Me and Peeta with 3 peacekeepers within a 15 foot radius. We walked around the tribute center which has a seating area. The opened room felt great. The peacekeepers just stood at every exit. Peeta sat right next to me. "Do you think they'll come for us?" I whisper. He looks at me confused. "With her? You want that?" He whispers back. "What if it wasn't just for her. Or the rebellion. What if it was just to bring us home?" He looks calmer, "I would like that very much." He says. I looked at the peace keepers at the doorways. They stood on the other sides so they wouldn't hear us if we spoke quietly. "They're moving us back to separate cells tomorrow." I hear him say. "Why do you think he wanted us together?" I ask. "Maybe it was to get us closer. The faces of the loyalists to stay together and have the same opinions." He shrugs. "What if he wanted more than just the coworkers to bond." I say to turn to face directly at him. He looks at me. "I wouldn't be mad at it." He shrugs. I sigh and close my eyes. I see Finnick hugging me in the back of my mind. I jump up at the sight. "What's wrong?" Peeta asks. Why was my mind playing such tricks? I then remember Finnick holding me when I was having an attack. "Peeta. I think my memory is tampered with.."
As if on cue the peacekeepers barge in and grab me. "No. Please!" I tried to hold onto Peeta. He helps me until another peacekeeper shoves Peeta down on the ground and they all lifted me away. Tears roll down my face uncontrollably as I'm carried through the white halls. When I fought back the peacekeepers hit my face with the butt of their guns. I'm placed back into the white bedding but strapped in this time. My fave is bruised and swollen. Snow walks in a few minutes later, smiling at me in pain. "Now to get rid of those pesky memories." He says to bring in Amman in a lab coat and a syringe of dark blue to black serum. I can't say anything it's injection into my neck. I then only see darkness.

+++

Finnick Odair

I was the distraction. They were finally going through with the rescue. I was so anxious. My sister was so close to being back with me. I breathe in and start the fake propo. "This is Finnick Odair. Winner of the 65th Hunger Games. And I'm coming to you from District 13, alive and well. We've survived an assault from the Capitol. But I'm not here to give you recent news. I'm here to tell you just one thing.  The truth. Not the myths about a life of luxury. Not the lie about glory for your homeland. You can survive the arena. The moment you leave, you're a slave. President Snow used to sell me and my sister. Or our bodies, at least. We weren't the only ones. If a Victor is considered desirable, the President gives them as a reward or allows people to buy them. If you refuse, he kills someone you love. My sister and I were both trapped in this cycle of debt to Snow. Both doing his business to keep each other alive." I stop and look down. I hope they make it there. I hope I'm given back my sister. I look back up and start again. "To make themselves feel better, my patrons would make presents of money or jewellery. But I found a much more valuable form of payment. Secrets. See, I know all the depravity, the deceit and the cruelty of the Capitol's pampered elite. But the biggest secrets are about our good President, Coriolanus Snow. Such a young man when he rose to power. Such a clever one to keep it. How, you may ask, did he do it? One word. Poison. He stopped every mutiny before it even started. There are so many mysterious deaths to adversaries. Even to allies who were threats. Snow would drink from the same cup, to deflect suspicion. But antidotes don't always work, which is why he wears roses that reek of perfume. Help cover the scent of blood from sores in his mouth that will never heal. But he can't hide the scent of who he really is. He kills without mercy. He rules with deception and fear. His weapon of choice is the only thing suited to such a man. Poison. The perfect weapon for a snake." I'm told to stop. From there everything by so quick.
Snow knew they were in the Capitol.

Me and Katniss were told to wait in a room together for the rescue team to get back. With or without our loved ones. "Annie would be saved too." Katniss says. I look at her just staring at the ground. I nod. "I've missed her so much." I say. "Haven't heard you talk about her much." She says. I sit and look at her to then look away. "I know they have nothing to hurt her for. They kept her away to hurt me. Harmony... Harmony is where they struck loyalist gold." I say.
I feel her start to look at me now. "She loved you, my sister. Then loved Peeta." I stop myself and I feel her being taken aback. "I'm sorry I never told you." I only say. I look at her to see a face mixed with confusion and jealousy. "She stopped herself knowing of what you'd say. After all she still wants you." I stop myself again. "I should really stop talking about her business." I look down. I just hoped my sister was ok.