Chapter 2; Hold On Tight

Hello!

Today the song was 'Hold on Tight' by ELO

Hope you enjoy:

Bakugou twisted and turned in his sleep. Finally, he woke up with a start. He quickly sat straight up. He was breathing quick and raggedy breaths and he was sweating heavily. He moved his hand up to where his shirt was covering his heart and gripped it tightly. His heart was pounding with fast and furious beats. Tears were forming in his eyes but he could feel his heart rate slowing slightly. 

He had had a terrible nightmare, though he couldn't remember everything very clearly. And the longer he focused on his heart beat the more the dream was forgotten. There was only one thing that stuck with him and that was the memory of Deku fading into nothingness. Part of him was trying to recover the lost dream even though he wasn't sure he wanted to. Just that one vivid scene was enough for him to question if he wanted to remember the rest. But it didn't matter, it was gone.

After maybe fifteen minutes he was no longer crying his heart rate was back to normal and he forced himself out of bed. He headed to the bathroom and sloppily brushed his teeth then yawned. He was able to finally get some sleep after a few torturous days. And luckily he didn't have to go to school today since it was Sunday. 

It had been a hard week. He had caught himself staring off into space during the middle of class thinking about Deku many times. Damn nerd even when he's in a coma he pisses me off. This was one of the many thoughts that he had when he had noticed his own lack of attention.

~~~

The angry Pomeranian sat around his room for most of the day trying to get some more sleep, but unfortunately failing to do so. Then he got a call from Auntie Inko. He looked at his phone curiosity, Why would she call me? He still answered it though and was greeted by a sniffling Inko.

"Hello Katsuki!" She sounded exhausted, but was obviously trying to hide it with fake enthusiasm. Thinking about what could've dampened her spirit even more made him pissed off.

"Hi." He grunted, rubbing his eyes softly with his thumb and pointer finger.

"I know this is probably unexpected, and I don't want to be a bother, but I would like to talk to you today. In person. Are you free this afternoon?"

"Yes, why?" The explosion boy answered.

"Well I really want to tell this to you in person. It might seem stupid not just to say it now, I just... I don't know I don't want to tell you over the phone. Plus it would be nice to see you anyways." She said quickly. She didn't really answer his question so he decided to ask one.

"Is it about Deku?"

"Yes." She sighed.

"All right then. I'll come over today. I don't have anything that I'm doing." Bakugou huffed.

"Great! How about at around 1:00?" She said, once again with a tired enthusiasm.

"Okay, see you later then." He had tried to sound nice but it was hard. 

He could tell this was not going to be good news he just hoped that Deku was still alive.

~~~

Soon after that Bakugou left for the small apartment. He slipped out of his dorm with a hoodie and some sweatpants. For the sake of trying not to get noticed he was as quiet as possible. He mentally sighed once he made it outside, without bumping into anyone. With his small victory he headed for the Midoriya's home.

A little bit later just past one he knocked twice on the small wooden door. He could hear scrambling slipper-covered feet running around. Soon after, the door opened with a creak. He was met with a familiar face. The only noticeable difference was that Inko looked older, stressed out, worn out, and it was obvious she had been crying, a lot. Bakugou swallowed hard. This wasn't going to be good at all.