Chapter 5; Stayin' Alive

Heeeelllllloooooo!

Song was Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees (love this song)

Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya first met when they were still very young. Because of them living close by, they had gone to not only the same elementary school but also junior high. Their moms, Mitsuki Bakugou and Inko Midoriya, quickly became friends, pushing the two young boys together, so Bakugou and Deku grew quite close as well. 

In short, Deku looked up to Bakugou. He always had, and was sure he always would. For as long as he could remember he thought that Bakugou was so cool and strong, and the boy was overwhelmed by joy to have ever been considered a friend. Unfortunately their friendship didn't last that long.

On a sunny, clear skied day, Bakugou had been exploring with his friends, including Deku. When he had suddenly slipped and fell off of the log his old friend group was walking across. The young boy landed with a splash in the river. He wasn't seriously hurt, of course. The fading pain in his lower body and hands signaled that he would have a few good bruises in the morning, but again nothing serious. Despite the fact that he was hurting and swallowing in a tempt to make the tears disappear, he laughed at himself. He wanted to act strong, he wanted to show he wasn't hurt, so he laughed and tried his hardest to ignore the once burning pain, knowing that it would soon come to a stop. And you couldn't blame Bakugou, who was at the time currently a four and a half year old kid, for feeling like crying.

Bakugou continued sitting down in the river, waiting for the pain to subside even just a little bit more when he heard, "Oh my gosh Kaccahan are okay!? That looked like it hurt!"

With wide eyes Bakugou snapped his head up to face the small boy in front of him. Deku had extended his hand to him incase he needed it. Despite his kind gesture, Bakugou just stared at it in surprise. After all why would the great Katsuki Bakugou need help from a useless nobody? 

~~~

Bakugou had always found Deku annoying and weak. But he was able to tolerate him. But because of Deku's caring personality, and later when they found out he was quirkless, Bakugou started to loath him. This inspired him to pick on Deku for being a weak useless nobody. And so their friendship quickly dissolved and became truly one-sided.

Bakugou never knew why Deku wanted to be his friend. In fact he still didn't know why. After all hadn't I made it clear that wasn't going to happen? Bakugou thought. He had bullied him, ignored him, hurt him, but no matter what Bakugou did he couldn't shake the kind hearted boy. Not completely. Finally by Junior High Bakugou had succeeded in making Deku afraid of him. Putting him in his place, as Bakugou had referred it. And because of this Deku always tried his hardest to avoid the explosion boy.

Looking back on it now, Bakugou could see just how much of a little shit he had been. Thinking about how he hurt Deku now caused him pain instead of pride. Memories, tons of them flashed into Bakugou's head. All the times he made Deku cry, all the times he beat him or made him bleed. The times he would laugh his ass off as Deku ran home to the safety of his home and family.

Why? Why did I do such awful things? Bakugou's heart raced. He could feel tears threatened to fall. How does he like me? After everything I did to him he still feels this way towards me?  Bakugou had been so caught up with his new found disease that he hadn't had too much time to process this information. But no matter how much Bakugou tried to make sense of his situation it didn't work. Then a certain red haired friends words popped into Bakugou's mind. "Maybe without realizing it, or maybe you just didn't accept it, you had decided you didn't hate him anymore. And Midoriya had forgiven you for everything you did." Could that really be true? Had he forgiven me? How could that be?  Bakugou just couldn't understand how that was possible. How could Deku have ever forgiven him for all the awful things he did?