Chapter 6; American Pie

'Ello

Song today was American Pie by Don McLean

Hope u enjoy the last chapter!

"Izuku woke up today!" The words hung in the air. To say that Bakugou was in a state of extreme shock would be an understatement. So he took a moment to let the information sink in before responding.

"When?" Was all Bakugou was able to ask.

"This morning!" Inko answered gleefully. "They just called me and confirmed he can take visitors now!" She was ecstatic, and it made Bakugou smile, even if it was just a little bit. "Oh! And if you could, please tell his friends for me." She continued.

"Okay..." Bakugou nodded to himself. This time he would tell them. He had learned that keeping any information to himself, bad or good, was a selfish thing to do.

"Great! Thank you so much!" Inko said quickly. "Well I have to go now, maybe I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, maybe." Bakugou quietly agreed, before hanging up.

Though he was now free from the call, he just sat on his bed for a while. Still allowing himself to truly process the news. Deku was awake. He wasn't in a coma anymore. Bakugou had to keep reminding himself of this, repeating the same thing over and over. Then eventually his thoughts drifted over to his own deadly problem. He didn't actually think that he would have the opportunity to tell Deku about his feelings but now...

Bakugou stood straight up and walked out of his little room. He wasn't sure where everyone was, so he decided to try the living room. They were normally there after school, doing homework or studying together. Or at least that's what they planned on doing. Bakugou had guessed right. As he approached the room, he found the other eighteen students scattered about with books and papers all over the floor and table. That had previously been chatting simply discussing unimportant topics. But everyone noticed Bakugou enter, mainly because of the fact that his steps were loud and angry, demanding attention. Their heads turned to face him, bringing them to stop talking instantly. 

"What's up Bakubro?" A certain spiky red haired friend asked.

"The fuckin' nerd woke up." He passed on the message, trying to make it sound as mean as possible. Despite his efforts, the joy he was feeling could still be heard in his voice. Luckily as weird as it seemed the class didn't really notice or maybe they just didn't care.

Bakugou proceeded to examine the class. At first they didn't say anything, the room completely quiet. Then they all exploded, starting to ask question after question, and filling the room with so much noise that Bakugou got a headache.

"Shut up you extras!" He yelled angrily. They obeyed, everyone shutting their mouths at the same time. Then slowly more and more conversations started. It didn't take long for everyone to decide to go see their green haired classmate.

"Bakugou are coming?" Todoroki, of all people, asked. Something about the way he tilted his head in a show of curiosity, pissed Bakugou off.

"Of course you half and half bastard!" He spat out. Everyone started at him. He looked at them feeling slightly embarrassed, a blush evident on his face. But he still scrunched his face angrily, "I may hate him but I'm not heartless!" He lectured.

"Okay man. Jeez, do you have to be so loud?" Kaminari asked.

"Shut up dunce face!" Bakugou yelled again.

"Can we just go visit Midoriya already!?" Mina asked impatiently. And with that suggestion, everyone nodded and headed out the door.

A group of nineteen kids wearing U.A. uniforms, who have been on TV, walking in the street, was quite a head turning sight. People stared and pointed, but class 1-A completely ignored them. They were busy chatting amoung themselves excited and happy for their friend. Quickly they made their way down to the hospital, and by the time they got there they were practically buzzing with energy.