Doors [7]

Sitting in Chemistry I instinctively began tapping my pen against my desk rapidly staring from the clock to my teacher much to his dismay. I wasn’t normally this concerned about the time when it came to school. To me, school ended when it ended and that was the finality of the subject but today was different.

It wasn’t that I didn’t enjoy school. In fact I highly appreciated it. Some kids all over the world didn’t receive the education that they deserved and having it provided freely to me was a blessing, but at the moment I was dreading the end of it.

I didn’t believe that I was dreading the ending of school but dreading going home. And it had everything to do when my overly friendly mother had just recently gotten back in touch with the Montgomery’s.

It all had occurred in the grocery store. My mother had stumbled upon Mrs. Montgomery walking through the cereal isle and the next thing you know she was asking me whether Greyson enjoyed pumpkin pie or chocolate mousse, to which I had responded with chocolate mousse because it just so happened to be my favorite and though I wasn’t appreciating spending the evening with Greyson I believe my mom owed me some sort of consolation.

As the bell rang I bolted out of the classroom in hopes of avoiding Greyson, but fast is never too fast when it comes to Greyson Montgomery.

“Hey Giselle!” I made it a point to ignore him with all my being. I could practically feel his aura radiating from behind me.

“Gizzy wait!” I cringed at the use of my old nickname. It gave me a sense of nostalgia that I highly unappreciated.

When I felt a palm placed onto my shoulder I began searching for an escape route. Realizing that there was none I internally groaned before turning around only to be met with two sparkling blue eyes hidden through black-rimmed glasses.

“Andrea! My life savor! I am forever indebted to you!” I exclaimed before wrapping my arms around her in a grateful hug.

“Well it’s nice to see you too Giselle.” She drawled as I let her go, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I gave her a cheeky smile before looking behind her. I gave an exhale of relief as I saw that Greyson was nowhere to be seen. I was going to avoid the inevitable for as long as I could.

“So?” She asked timidly not being able to meet my gaze.

“We might as well ask how the weather is. Come on Andrea! We’re friends you don’t need to act so nervous.” I laughed lightly.

Finally looking in my eyes her lips quirked up but before she could respond with anything a dark haired boy walked up to us. His leather jacket and dark look made him seem almost scary but I was the least bit intimidated by him.

His deep voice resonated through the chatter of the students. “Andrea I need to talk to you.”

I watched their exchange with curiosity as Andrea furrowed her eyebrows before turning back to me.

“I’m sorry I’ve got to deal with him.” She quickly responded before walking off with the mysterious boy. One would ask what such a timid girl like Andrea had with such a dark boy like himself but oddly enough they looked quite good together. I smiled softly at the two as he slid his hand into hers, almost as if offering her protection from the onlookers she feared so much of.

That was the interesting thing about human nature. We seek comfort but often have no one to give it to us. We are the only creatures on earth that are capable to feel and we are often only the ones who need comfort and when we find that source of comfort, be it ice cream, cleaning, sex even, we must hold onto it because without we may just explode with a burst of feelings we haven’t let out for so long.