listen before i go

"Marinette." Hawkmoth whispered as she felt herself tense up, it's been a while since he had gone into her thoughts, or dreams in a while.
     "Yes..?" She asked as she hung her head down, she knew that for her, these dreams were a reality, he had the power to keep her in her sleep forever so she choose to obey him.

     "Did you miss me?" His shadow walked closer to her and she felt his hand caress her cheek. Marinette frowned in disgust and tried to back away.
     Before she could get away from his touch he gripped onto her face tightly.
"I know you told your little boyfriend about our secret rendezvous." Hawkmoth spat, almost grabbing harder if he even could.

     "You know what you have to do when this happens, he can't live knowing about whats been going on. Either you kill him or you kill yourself. You have 2 days to make up your mind.. Or i'll do it for you." He finished and threw her down on the floor, then turned and walked out of her dream.
     Everything felt nice snd peaceful for those two seconds before she woke up.

     It was barely 6:50am when she woke up and just sat in bed, rethinking everything he had said.. Was he bluffing? she could never kill Adrien.. Nor could she kill herself, she knew his next victim could be Adrien, its a lose-lose situation for them both and she know that either way, one of them was bound to get hurt.
     She had made up her mind.

••
     Adrien was awake all night, thinking about Marinette. He had texted her multiple times but hadn't gotten a text back and he was growing more worried by the second.
     He was scared, for her sake and his. He was sure his father was behind it all, he just needed to find solid evidence.

     Why and how was his father doing it was Adrien's biggest question. How could he be in her mind, modern technology was still not as advanced as to control a human being so how was his father doing it.
     He'd find out when he confronted his father.
Adrien lifted himself up from his desk and began walking into a direction he wasn't all too familiar with, his fathers office.

     He opened the door and everything was untouched, some covered with a thin layer of dust. Adrien began walking around looking at the statues and soon came across a safe.. it was open already and the curiosity got the best of him.
    Adrien opened the safe and the whole door cafe off, exposing a book and a jewelry box. He grabbed the book and walked to his fathers desk.

     He opened up the book and flipped through the pages, it was many different.. superheroes, a fox themed, turtle, bee, snake.. but the ones that caught his attention most were the ladybug and cat..
     "What is this.." He wondered.
     He went to pick up the jewelry box and it had a peacock brooch in it.. "Weird." Adrien thought.

     Adrien explored more and came across a beautiful painting of his mom, entranced by her beauty he got closer to it, putting his hands on it, pushing buttons..?
     "Agh!" Adrien yelled as the floor started lowering itself. He was brought up to the attic.

     "I've never been here be.." He was in a sudden surprise, the room was full of white butterfly chrysalis that were almost ready.
     "Who are you dad.."

a/n sorry for not posting sooner