5 | Class Begins

*Edited* Version - October 10th

___

___

The heat pressed down on my hair as I winced at the slight touch of the hot metal. Grandma patted my head, telling me that it would be over soon. I didn't understand the point of it, straightening my hair. It was too much work and time consuming.

"I just want to send you off with a nice look! It just reminds me of your first day of kindergarten!" She gushed. I didn't have many fond memories of those days. It was something I had no regard for.

"Since I'm in the fashion department, I'm allowed to wear regular clothes. Right?" She nodded, straightening the last strand. Bringing out the hairspray, I covered my eyes as she sprayed the chemicals onto my hair.

"You're not going to wear skirt, are you?" Shaking my head, she chuckled lightly. "I remember that you also hated wearing those dresses I bought for you. The tantrums you'd throw!" Instead of the skirt, I opted for grey skinny jeans. Considering that I'll be wearing them often, I'll have to get some more to add to my closet.

Looking in the mirror, my frizzy hair was finally tamed. Putting on my black glasses, I didn't want to wear my contacts. Grandma ran her fingers through my long hair as she smiled down at me. Standing up, she demonstrated how to form a tie. It was part of the school uniform, the one thing that they required to have.

"You look like a young intern." She patted my head as I glanced at the mirror. "Don't overthink it, everything will be fine. It's time to face what's in front of you, dear."

"Right, I should probably get going. It's best not to be late on the first day." Excusing myself out of the room, I made my downstairs. Putting on my Nike hi-tops, Grandpa stopped me at the door.

"Hey, I'll take you to school. It's not too far from the cafe." Nodding my head, he followed me out the door. Grandma chased after us and made me wear my grey lapel, insisting that it was too cold outside.

***

When he decided to drive in his Maserati, I should have known something was up. If he needed to go to the store or run an errand, he'd drive his simple Kia car. But this, it felt like I was supposed to make some type of grand entrance. Thanks Grandpa, you're so helpful right now. Just as I stepped out of the door, people snapped their heads to look at me.

"Woah, must be a new transfer student! I hope she's in our class!"

"She looks a lot like that rapper, Ace. Do you think they might be related?"

"Heh, I wonder if she's easy like those other girls. Maybe I should go ask how much it is to hang out?"

Ignoring their comments, I made my way past them. Grandpa had given me the transfer form that determine what class I'd be placed in. Looking through the hall, I found class 1-1. Peeking inside, students were already there with their friends. Playing with the leather handle of my briefcase, I took in a deep breath.