9 | Evaluation

●●●

●●●

Eve had sent me an email the other day. Apparently one of the major companies had found out that I was in the country. They reached out to her, asking if I wanted to be a choreographer for one of their artists. I could only assume that they saw my last performance before I left the US. Most of the choreography that I've created for my songs are complex and focus more on the intricacies of the song. It's an art essentially, it should be treated as such.

While at a dance studio that was rented, I was going through my playlist. The entertainment company, PTJ, wanted me to come over and demonstrate my skills in person. Knowing what was expected, I should at least come up with a routine to be prepared. The problem was, what was a song that displayed and embodied everything that I was capable of?

___

Arriving at the studio, I was met with a panel of judges. One of them was some guy in black shades and salmon dyed hair. He looked the most out of place out of all of them. You only have one chance to make a first impression on people.

The music came on as I began to shift my body, following the flow of the beat. The song's focus revolved around the theme of resentment and betrayal. Feelings that I knew all too well, something I eventually grew accustomed to over the years. Noticing the expressions on the judges, shock was written throughout their faces. It was no doubt a difficult piece to choreograph but I did like a good challenge.

At the last note, my breathing was the only thing that could be heard. Thanking them for their time, I made my way out of the room. I never told my family about my music, they had a reputation to uphold after all. That old witch especially, I don't know how'd she react. Occupied by my thoughts, I ran into a hard surface.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" A voice asked. Looking up, a boy with chocolate brown hair smiled down at me. Must be one of the trainees here.

"Frankly, I should be asking you if you're okay. I mean, I was the one who bumped into you first."

"It's not that big of a deal. I'm used to that kind of treatment around here anyways." What the hell is that supposed to mean? "Are you a new trainee? I haven't seen you around here before."

"Actually, I'm supposed to be a new choreographer for one of the idols around here. I'm Autumn by the way." Holding out my hand, the boy smiled and shook my hand.

"Oliver, I'm in the C class. Maybe I'll see you around some time?"

"Of course, we'll probably run into each other pretty often." He waved before walking off.

___

The woman sat in her seat, clicking her pen. Strands of her hair came into her face as she brushed tucked it behind her ear. Her plan had actually worked, her target took the bait. It's only a matter of time until her father sends his next wave of orders. They were all pawns on his board after all.