_13

I used to like to think there's at least one person like me out there. Fucked up, broken and still breaking. It put my mind at ease a little. I never imagined I would have a life after the orphanage. I never saw anything for me other than death, as sad as that sounds. 

But, I found someone. He's fucked up big time, broken and still breaking. Together, however, we fix each other. We work on our own problems, we work on each other's problems. We take care of each other. It's nice to know there's someone out there that knows what it's like inside your head. 

It's been a few years, now, since the night I reported Miriam. The process of receiving the ransom money was stressful. Going to court wasn't that hard. There were hundreds of witnesses. She was thrown in jail and I was thrown a stack of money. I didn't know what to do with such amount so Jimin helped me. We bought a very nice apartment on the outer edge of a large city not long after that night. We became close very fast. It was almost natural; like we'd known each other for years. 

Minjee was thrilled to see Jimin again, as well as she was me. 

We all have our own rooms in this apartment but Jimin has since abandoned his and moved into mine. My bed is much more comfortable. And, neither of us really like sleeping alone. It's addicting, almost, to cuddle up with him at night. We never want to leave the bed. But, Minjee makes us. She can't eat microwave mac and cheese for the rest of her life. 

Surprisingly, we've built a well-oiled system. We all get along. Jimin and I do fight occasionally but that's normal. They're usually caused by a random mental breakdown on one of our behalves. Though, we did spend about three hours the other day arguing over something so stupid I don't think I should even talk about it anymore. We don't spend large amounts of money at once, generally. Since neither of us have to work, we travel. Minjee loves it. We home school her together. 

Today has been a lazy day. Minjee has been busy with the baby bunny we let her adopt the other day. Animals are good for your mental health. So, between Jimin and I, we've adopted quite a few animals in the last few years. His hamster died a few months ago which was a really bad day. Jimin can't take deaths well. Our cat, Shrimp, laid at the foot of the bed, purring softly. She's a soft orange tabby with a bobtail. She's wonderful. Our cockatiels reside in the kitchen; they usually wander around but I'm tired today and I don't want to have to watch them. 

Jimin is at the store and it feels like he's been gone forever. I don't like being alone. I would go hang out with Minjee but Shrimp is sleeping so peacefully. If you've ever owned a cat, you'll know the feeling of not wanting to wake your fragile feline friend up. 

I heard the jingle of keys in the lock and after a few more minutes, Jimin appeared in the doorway. I was pretending to be asleep. When I do this, I get woken up with kisses. I like getting woken up with kisses. 

Jimin climbed onto the bed softly and leaned over me, putting his face an inch away from mine, "I know you're faking it. I can see you'r eyes moving." He chuckled, "But, if you really are asleep. then I'll just go watch a movie by myself on the couch. Minjee and I will eat all the sushi. I bought nori wraps; your favorite."

I can't refuse to that- 

"Mmkay, fine. I guess a nap wouldn't hurt." Jimin laid himself down on my chest, settling into his usual spot. He let out a soft, content sigh and relaxed against me. I snaked an arm around his waist and kissed his head, breathing in the scent of his shampoo. I really like it. 

I know that what Jimin and I have will last a long time. Forever, preferably. I'm going to marry him one day, I know I will. It's been three years and we grow closer and closer by the day. I won't say that I'm glad I met him when I did because glad doesn't have enough power. I don't know the words to describe how happy I am with him. 

Did you hear that? I'm happy. For once in my life, I've been feeling real, untainted, unconditional happiness. I've found someone that makes my life worth living. He's my everything and I mean that quite literally. 

I've finally found my depression buddy.