Chapter 2- Baseball Game

When I woke up this morning my headache hadn't gone completely but was tolerable. I got dressed in some skinny jeans and a loose jumper, since it was Forks and you couldn't really wear anything else. When I walked downstairs into the kitchen I went and got some breakfast, sitting down my siblings came down and all huddled around the kitchen. I don't know why they did it I was the only one that had to eat in the morning or at all. But they all tell me that they enjoy pretending to get ready with me in the morning. We left to school this time I got in with Rose and Emmett, they were mostly quiet except for Emmett talking about one of his classes. Edward decided to go and pick Bella up form her house. As Rose parked the car we sat for a bit and waited for Edward to get here. Rosalie was shocked when she saw Edward and Bella walking into school together. Rosalie let out a grumpy sigh and quickly walked into class ignoring Edward.

School had nearly finished and I had gotten a hall pass to go to the nurse's office, my headache had been constantly coming and going as I got there I noticed Bella was there as well. "Hey Bella what you doing here?"

"Oh hey, our class was doing a dissection in class and well I hate blood so here I am." I chuckled a bit, finding it a bit ironic that a girl in love with a vampire gets sick by the sight of blood. ""It's fine I'm a bit like that as well, being around Jasper who gets so uneasy you just kind of do it as well." We both sat there for a bit, I wasn't usually one to always spark up a conversation, when you only ever hang out with your family you don't become very social. "Hey Bella, my family is playing baseball tonight, you should come."

"Your family plays baseball?" She wasn't being rude mainly just being inquisitive. "Yeah well as they say, its Americas pastime. But you should defiantly come, might have a better impression on some of my siblings." When she agreed I told her that Edward would come and pick her up. Once school finished I walked out and stood by the car waiting for my siblings. Edward soon came up to me, he looked angry. "You invited Bella to play Baseball?"

"Well not to play, but to watch. Why?"

"You didn't even ask me. What if I didn't want her to come?"

"But you like her right? I just did you a favour dear brother. You should just thank me and go get dressed so you can pick up Bella." I smiled at him and got into the car.

******A few hours later******

We were all in the field waiting for Edward to arrive with Bella; everyone was practicing with their swinging. Baseball was the only time they could play to their full potential, with a storm of course. We could tell that soon the thunder and lightning would be coming in; usually I would just watch or sketch some of my family. They were literally perfect, I hated to admit it but I was envious of them. They're entire existence, living forever, a perfect and timeless. Instead I am just a boring human that will soon probably die. I was in the middle of my thoughts until I was interrupted by Rosalie walking past me. "I can't believe you invited her Lacie, what were you thinking?" As I was about to reply Esme cut in. "I think it was nice what she did."

Edward soon came and Esme got a hold of Bella getting her to umpire for the game. Rose was the first to bat, when she hit the ball a loud clap of thunder echoed the entire field and she ran so quickly her figure was blurred. She ran back to the home base as Esme caught the ball. "You're out." Bella said in a straight voice as Rosalie slowly stood up and stared Bella down as she walked away.

My family continued to play as Rosalie hit the ball so hard it went flying into the woods, that's when we heard Alice yell, "Stop!" Everyone was frozen for a moment until they all ran back towards where Bella and I were. "They were leaving but they heard we were coming." Alice said to Edward as they were walking closer. Alice must have seen a rogue vampire. Which meant that Bella and I could be in possible danger if they weren't like my family, this suddenly made me tense. "Here Lacie take this." My father said wrapping his scarf around my neck in hope that it would cover the smell of my blood. As we waited out of the forest emerged three vampires walking seamlessly through the forest toward our family. A pale woman with fiery red curls with another pale blonde male and a tan male with long brown dreads. All of them with glowing red eyes. The man who introduced himself as Laurent returned our baseball, which my father caught swiftly. The group said they were heading out east and that our family, I started to feel uneasy as I noticed that the blonde vampire called James was staring at Bella and I. From hungry look on his face I could tell what he wanted. They were about to leave when as we were about to turn around the wind picked up and blew Bella's hair out the way and James turned back to face us. "You brought a snack." He had a growl in his voice that frightened me and made me pull Bella back towards me for safety. My entire family pushed us back behind them and growled at the three vampires. "The girls are with us." All the vampires except James moved away, he was now staring at Edward. I looked over at Edward and could tell that he was reading James mind. "James!" Laurent called and he quickly snapped his head around and the three vampires walked away. Edward then came up towards Bella and I and pushed us towards the car. "Wait guys what's going on?" I tried asking other members of my family but they were all huddled together deciding what to do. "Lacie, go with Bella and Edward we'll meet you at the house ok? Stay with Edward." Esme came up to me spoke in a serious tone. I could hear Bella and Edward arguing in the background, he was trying to make sure she was safely in the car. "Wait what's wrong are Bella and I in danger?"

"Just please go with Edward, your father and I will talk about it when you get back ok?" She gave me a promising look that made me agree with her and I got into the back seat. Edward sped off into the forest back towards our house "I just made this his most exciting game ever." I sunk back into my chair, frightened knowing that some crazy vampire was coming after Bella and I.

Once we reached home we all unpacked into the garage where everyone was frantically going through draws and shelves. As Carlisle was telling Edward and Bella the plan Esme came up to me with a bag with clothes and handed it to me. "You're going to have to go with Alice and Jasper for a bit ok? Watch over Bella for Edward please?" She looked at me with a sad smile and I took the bag and hung it over my shoulder. "How long is this going to take?"

"We are going spread Bella's scent the opposite way to where Alice is taking you to hopefully lead him to us. This wont be for long I promise." She hugged me and I walked towards the car sitting down next to Bella. As we drove away I looked back seeing my parents standing together watching as the car left the driveway.