Prologue:

The moon was full and it was a clear night sky. Every star and constellation in the galaxy were accounted for. I watched them as I lay in the middle of an empty field with him - our backs to the cold dewey grass. His hand grasping mine as he caresses it with his thumb.

"Do you ever wonder if there is other life out in the universe? Like aliens," I ask him softly, "or what if there's other planets that are mere copies of ours - but they are living a better or worse life? Another me or you." I fathom.

He turns to me and I turn to him, "I never thought as the universe that way. I always thought the universe as an almighty force, like when people say 'the universe is against me' stuff like that." He says looking into my eyes. It's dark but I can see his brown eyes as the stars reflect off of them. "Like If you're a good person, the universe will be good to you back, y'know?" he finishes and turns back to looking up at the night sky.

"If that's so, how do you feel the universe is treating you at this moment?" I ask him softly.
"Right now?" He turns back to look at me and smiles, "The universe is in my favor." He answers quietly as he keeps his gaze on me.

He's studying my freckles like the constellations and he's looking for signs. He props himself up on his elbow and leans in.