•chapter 4•

August 30th, 2019
10:30am

I woke up the next morning to my bright and shining room! Nova was sleeping on my feet when I woke her up and she looked up at me and stood up and walked my way and started to lick all over my face. I relaxed her by giving her a few belly rubs. It felt so good to be able to sleep in because I don't have to go into work anymore! I felt fully rested and I had a whole day to do whatever I pleased. Thing is... I have no idea what I could do? Especially if my car isn't working. I yawned and stretched my body out. I grabbed my laptop and went on Spotify and played some LoFi hip hop to get my day started. I go out of my bed and started to clean my room up a little. I just hung my new outfits in my closet, threw my few clothes that I had into my hamper, organized my room, and made my bed. I lit my favorite candle from Bath and Body Works called Mahogany Teakwood and sat at my bay window. It was a nice cloudless sunny day - pretty enough to go out and do something, but what? Maybe my parents can let me borrow one of their cars? Or even the family car just to get around for now? Suddenly, my really cute neighbor and his really cute friends were riding by on their skateboards. They noticed me at my window and all looked up. I smiled and waved hi... but then I remembered I was in just my underwear and panicked and fell back on the floor. "Ouch." I said as I winced and rubbed my butt.
I always thought Grayson was cute - we were super close when we first moved here. We would ride our bikes together and have sleepovers. We grew apart when he got into football and I got busy with dance, school, and other activities. I remember on one of our last sleepovers we were under my blanket with a flashlight and he kissed me on the cheek out of nowhere... but we were like ten and at the time I didn't know what gay even was. So I doubt it meant anything.

"Maybe I should go for a run." I said to myself.
I got up from the floor and walked over to my dresser. I pulled out a pair of black adidas running shorts that end above the knee, and a black adidas tank top. I grabbed my running shoes and a black hat. I left a few things behind that I knew I didn't need or had enough of. I knew it would come in handy for when I come back to visit for Holidays or breaks. I'll just run the opposite way that Grayson and his friends went. He and I would only say hi to each other in the hallways once we got to middle school and high school - small casual conversations that meant nothing. I wonder if he knows I'm leaving soon? I doubt he'd even care. It's been a while - eight years since we last truly spoke or hung out. There is a part of me that misses having a close guy friend though. Every now and then I think about the time he kissed my cheek. I guess you can call that my first kiss - but we were ten and it was a long time ago so I don't really count that. Besides, Calum Hood is the only man that holds my heart.

My mom and dad were off at work, but I could hear Ava in the living room watching Rupaul's Drag Race. "Hey Av! I'm going for a run. Be back soon!" I shouted as I walked through the front door. I did a quick stretch to warm up and started jogging. I've been losing my tan since I've been staying in so much, so I hope i get a little bronze and show off my Latino pride side. But also, you can't be pale in LA. I ran to the park which took me fifteen minutes, ran around the park for ten, and then ran to a smoothy place a little down the road to get a celery smoothy to detox myself and that took ten minutes as well. For the long stretch I tried to run back home for the last twenty five, but gave up on the last five and just walked home. I thought I was in the clear away from Grayson and his friends but I was wrong... right when I was about to get to my house, they got back too.

"Orion!" I heard Grayson holler. I panicked - I didn't know what I was going to say or do. What could he possibly have to say to me? It's been years. He skated over to me and got off of it and did this stomp to catch his board in his hand. "Heard you were having a going away party." He said a little out of breath. "Uh, yeah I was - I mean I am.. I am having that." I said stuttering. "Oh, cool... mind if I go?" He asked.
I paused for a second - I didn't know what to say. It's been so long. "I mean, your mom told my mom but I just wanted to run it by you." He said. Why did he need to run it by me? There's no beef there? Did he think there was? "I mean yeah sure, I don't see why not." I smiled. "Alright cool. Thanks," he waved to his friends and they began to walk back to his place, "oh and you look good Orion." He smiled and went back to walking with his friends.