Chapter *2*

*Alex's POV *

                 I woke up to a well decorated dorm room. The mattress I was laying on was no longer plain and bare. The sheets were yellow and I had a comforter wrapped around my body which was blue. I rolled over and saw Courtney who was still asleep on her bed. I looked at the alarm clock that was about to go off in 20 minutes for our morning class. It was 10:43am and our morning classes were starting at 11:45am. They gave us plenty of time to get ready.

   I rolled out of bed and walked over to the long mirror leaning against the wall. I was wear grey sweat pants that said summer on the left leg and a black shirt that said “A day to remember” in red. It was one of me favorite bands. I remember when I got this shirt at a concert a year ago. The shirt still looked brand new. I had plenty of time to get ready so I decided to go down to the café and get something to eat before class.  I put on some tan Uggs and quietly shut the dorm room door so Courtney wouldn’t wake up.

   I walked down the cold stairs into the warm café. I could smell the coffee beans being made into coffee. I walked up to the counter. I saw the girl who was working at the cash register. She had silver hair with a red shirt on and an apron cast across her thighs. “Hi, how may I help you this morning?” She said in a quite happy tone. “Um..hi can I have a cookie crumble frappe with caramel and a resin muffin please?” I asked her getting overwhelmed on how happy she looked. “Sure coming right up, may I see you dorm room key?” She asked. I gave her the key. The system at this collage is great. You don’t have to pay for any food on campus. You only have to pay for stuff that I outside the campus. Everything is put on your room card, to be sent to the administration office to be paid for.

   I got my order and headed to a table. I pulled out my phone and started to eat my bran muffin while I went through and deleted some messages on my phone. Not like they were dirty or anything. I just delete the messages from people I don’t care about. Like guys who hit on me for a one night stand. I quickly put my phone down when I saw someone sit in front of me. It was Ashton.

  “Good morning.” He said while taking a sip of his coffee. “Good morning.” I replied back. Trying not to make it awkward. “What time do your classes start?” He asked while running his fingers through his light brown curly hair. “They start around 11:30.” I replied. “Mine start at noon but I figured why not come and have a proper breakfast. And plus I couldn’t sleep because Calum was snoring so loudly.” Ashton said as he took another sip of his coffee. “I know the feeling, when I used to share a room with my brother he used to snore like a fright train. It was horrible, sometimes it got so bad I had to sleep on the couch in the living room.” I told him. “Damn.” He said looking at me with one eye brow raised. 

 To be honest Ashton was a really cool guy. He was like someone I could tell anything to and he would keep it a secret, even though I had just met him. I look at my phone pressing the home button and I looked at the time. It was 11:15. I got up from the chair I was sitting at. “  I think I should be going. I need to get ready for class. But it was great talking to you.” I told Ashton. “You too. See ya around.” He said in his Australian accent. It was cool to have people around who weren’t all the same. I hurried back up the stairs when I realized I only had 15 to get ready for class.

  I unlocked the dorm room, seeing Courtney already doing her hair and makeup. “Hey how was your breakfast without me?” She asked while putting on chapstick. “I’m sorry I didn’t want to wake you. I promise next time I will ask you to come or at least bring you something back.” She shook her head and walked over to the side of her bed to get her bag ready for the rest of the day. 

  I quickly through on a pink tank top, a grey sweater with holes in it, and black skinny jeans. I saw my phone light up at the corner of my eye. It was text. I ignored it and started to do my hair. I brushed my light electric blue hair picked up my backpack from the end of my bed. I picked up my phone as well and me and Courtney were headed out the door. I went to me class and she went to hers. 

   The teacher was running late so I pulled out my phone from my bag. It turns out the text message was from Michael. The text said  “Hey good morning.  Wanna come hang out after your classes are done? I mean that’s only if you want to. You can bring your friend with you if you want.”

 I raised my eyebrows and quickly replied to his text saying I would like to hang out. I told him I would bring Courtney so that way it wouldn’t be that awkward. The teacher walked in and class started. I wanted to fall asleep during class. This teacher was really boring. Since this was the first day all they did was talk about collage expectations and junk. My next class was cooking. I heard that in that class you get cooking right away. I hope I wont have the urge to fall asleep in that class.