Chapter 4

As my vision went fuzzy, I wondered what I really did to get in this situation.

Growing up, my parents never seemed to be ashamed of me. They were slightly disappointed when I told them I wasn’t into sports and such things. But they got over it and I was still their son.

But walking into that room, Mom burst into tears. I wanted to comfort her, really I did, but when I took another step closer Dad stopped me and went to her aid. Standing in the doorway I wondered what I did to cause Mom this much trauma. Oh yeah, Blake.

Maybe it was a bad move but I went to Mom’s side and patted her back. “Mom, I know you’re mad at me, and I understand that, but please try to listen to me.” I spoke softly to her ear.

She turned to me, wiping away some of her tears. Her eyes pierced mine with longing, longing for an answer that can possibly mean I wasn’t gay. I simply sighed and said, “I won’t change. But for you I will try ok? I know you think that I’m going to hell but you need to have faith in me. I won’t bring Blake around if you want but I won’t stop seeing him.” Mom turned away and let out another sob.

I was about ready to stand up when Dad said something I was completely shocked about.

“You’re going to get AIDS son.”

I leaned back in the sofa and sighed, “One dad? I’m not having sex. Two? Even if I did, WHICH I WON’T, Blake’s a virgin, I’m a virgin. If he had AIDS he’d tell me and I’m pretty sure I don’t.”

Dad simply shook his head and helped mom up, and they left the room. Although I had hoped that they would come to understanding I realized this was the best I could do for now. I reached over and grabbed the remote and flipped through some of the channels. After a few minutes Tyler jumped on me and took the remote, settling the channel on SpongeBob.

Being the lazy guy I was I sat there and watched the episode with him. I never really was much of a TV fan, I preferred my books. But as the minutes pasted Tyler fell asleep against my side, turning off the TV I picked him up and took him up stairs.

After laying him in bed and walking into the hallway, I was surprised to hear quite loud bits of moaning. Interesting enough it wasn’t coming from downstairs. It was coming from Katie’s room. I stood frozen in the hallway unsure on how to get to my room without passing Katie’s.

Finding no escape route I took deep breath and started to walk. Walking by her room I saw a crack in the door, curiosity killed the cat they say, so took a quick peek and was once again. Shocked. In Katie’s room was her and LeAnn… let’s just say they were having a good time.

Walking away from Katie’s room I felt envy. How could she have such a good time with LeAnn and I haven’t done anything more than kiss Blake? I shook my head and walked into my room shutting the door. Random trash was scattered across the floor, I leaned down to pick up a fallen book, “The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks. I remember sneaking in Katie’s room and stealing this book in order to find out what chick flicks were like. It wasn’t bad actually.

So I dusted off the cover and decided to reread it, since I had nothing else to do. Half way through the book I got a text from Mom.

Heated food is in the microwave for lunch u can also go to school on Monday

I mentally rolled my eyes. Why did Mom feel she had to send me a text message in order to get me to eat lunch? Can’t she come up here and tell me herself? Shaking my head I shoved my math homework in the book to mark my place and I started to sit up when I heard a scream.

Mother.

My instincts kicked in and I sped out the door to help Mom from whatever made her scream, little did I know, I couldn’t help her.