Chapter Twenty Two: Too Far (Part 2)

Flashback

Please...don't leave me Eric...

Please...

Present

Ethan laid in his bed dressed in his suit staring at the roof. He felt trapped inside his head all he could think about was Eric.

"Ethan" maya came knocking at the door. "It's time to go" she said with her face looking sad. Ethan didn't say a word and got up out of the bed and walked past Maya with his head held low.

He had his phone clutched in his hand and he slowly went down the stairs. His mother waited for him by the door dressed in an elegant black dress with a veil over her head.

Today was definitely not a good day for anyone especially Ethan.

Maya slowly travelled behind him and rested her hand on his shoulder "babe please talk to me" she said with her voice breaking. "What do you want me to say Maya." Ethan snapped and said sternly.

"I'm sorry" Maya stepped back and held her head down. "Yeah...I've heard that one before" Ethan scoffed and walked through the door.

"Let's just go...we can't be late" he said to her. They got in the car and the drive was silent. "I can't believe I have to do this again" Ethan said shaking his head while he was driving.

He laughed dryly "I'll be damned". Maya sat in the passengers seat lost for words she just didn't know how to help Ethan. She hated seeing him like this and it killed her to know he was hurting.

They arrived at the funeral home and Ethan got out the car and breathed slowly. "Ethan...." Maya said grabbing his hand "I'm here baby" she said with tears rolling down her cheek.

Ethan sighed "okay". They both walked up the stairs and were greeted by a short woman who was dressed in a pantsuit. "Right this way" she said turning to walk into the building. Ethan and Maya followed her behind to a room.

Eric laid in the coffin dressed in his favorite suit. Tear by tear poured down Ethan's face. "Hey buddy" he sniffled and touched the boy's cold face. "You really liked this suit". Ethan stroked Eric's hair.

The pain he felt in his chest was unbearable. Maya talked to the short lady while Ethan looked at his brother. "I can't do this" Ethan said stepping back. "I CANT DO THIS AGAIN" Ethan said breaking down.

Ethan fell to his knees and Maya rushed to his side and held him. "I can't do this" he sobbed. "I can't..."
"I can't..."

It broke Maya's heart to see him like this. Maya sat on the floor and held Ethan as he sobbed his heart out. "Ethan I'm so sorry" Maya said crying with him.

"What am I gonna do" Ethan's voice broke. "He was the only family I had.." he sighed.

"ETHANNNNN" Eric yelled startling out of his sleep. "Wo-What??!!" Ethan jumped awake. "ERICCCCCCC" Ethan jumped onto his brother and hugged him ruffling his hair. "Oh my god I thought I lost you" he kissed his cheek repeatedly.

"You smell like old Cheetos" Eric said holding his nose. "I don't care I love you bro" he said holding onto him. "You're heavy" Eric said smiling.

"And you're okay buddy" Ethan closes his eyes and held him

You're okay..

FLASHBACK

Maya had run into the locker room to find Ethan holding his brother crying. She called the ambulance which came in a rush to collect Eric and take him to the hospital.

Ethan travelled on the ambulance with Eric and waited.

The doctors gave him medicine and watched him for a few nights while Ethan sat day by day  by his bedside. Ethan hadn't showered or slept properly he needed to know his brother was okay.

Eric woke up and he was feeling much better. His bruises had healed and he was back to his normal self. Only more talkative.

Their mother took them home and Ethan was too fatigued and tired to remember any of it.

During this time they were home he slept next to Eric's bed for the night and waited for him to get up.

PRESENT

"You need to take a shower" Eric said holding his nose. Ethan jumped off of Eric laughing "okay I'll shower" Ethan said taking off his shirt. "Hey Eric" he said looking back at him.

"Yes?"

"I love you man..." Ethan said hugging him once more. "I love you too" Eric said holding his nose once more.