Chapter 6

Venus POV...

I see him at the front of his hotel and I honk the horn, he walks towards my car and gets in. I put the car in drive and pull off.

Me:How has your stay been?

Viktor:Good, the people here are very friendly. Not what I expected.

Me:Hm, that's strange, these people are usually rude as hell.

We laugh and he tells me about what he has seen while here. Not like it's much because he's been stuck training and preparing for the fight. Me and Anetas fight is the night after theirs. They're marketing it as a two night special which to be honest isn't as bad. The money our sponsors are paying for it to be televised is crazy. Half of that money could have just went in my pocket and I could've made Kyndall record on her phone.

Once we make it to Max's and I feel myself duck my head already knowing that those inside will be staring at us like we're some kind of unique sight. It'll be recorded and posted everywhere.

Me:Chicken or steak?

He looks down at me like I just asked him if he was a human or alien.

“You can get the option to get either chicken or steak on it, or even both. Which one would you like?” He looks at me then the man about to take our order and he speaks up. “Whatever you get, I'll have as well.” I nod and I tell the guy to give me two large steaks with fries with mild sauce on them. I move us to the side of the waiting area and I see people recording.

“Would you feel comfortable sitting in here?” He looks around and catches my drift, he looks back at me and I speak up. “My spot isn't that far from here, I'm moving before the fight when you guys go to California.” He nods and they call out our number and I take the food and Viktor takes the drinks and we leave out getting back into my car. I pull off and it's silent as we head to my apartment.

When we've gotten comfortable Viktor looks at the sandwich as I sit at the coffee table I sip my Sprite seeing him look at it like I'm asking him to eat spaghetti with his bare hands. I take a half and take a bite seeing him looking at me before copying and I watch as he slams it letting out slight moans. That shit is sinful. I hear my phone ring and I flip it over seeing it's Adonis, ugh. I pick up and I place the phone between my shoulder and ear.

Me:What's up, Donis?

Adonis:You really hanging out with that dude, Ve? After all the shit that's going down? That done went down?!

This man has a temper on him that could put a three year old spoiled child to shame.

Me:Chill out, for one you got beef with someone who ain't do shit, second I'm sure no one wants to only train and be cooped up in a stuffy ass hotel room all day. Plus I doubt his hometown got good steaks anyway so, let me know what I did wrong.

Adonis:His fucking father killed mine! You supposed to be my friend and you hanging with his son, how you think they makes me feel?!

Me:For one, stop yelling at me, second let's be honest Adonis you're not mad at him you're mad at his father which is understandable but that beef has shit to do with me, my beef is with his sister who was talking shit. You acting like yall mortal enemies.

I hear him take a deep breath and he speaks again his voice still holding a certain level of pissed off but he's not yelling so I'm okay.

Adonis:You bogus Venus and you know it.