CHAPTER SEVEN:THEN AND NOW

CHAPTER SEVEN

THEN AND NOW

"When you have retrograde amnesia, you lose existing, previously made memories. This type of amnesia tends to affect recently formed memories first. Older memories, such as memories from childhood, are usually affected more slowly. Diseases such as dementia cause gradual retrograde amnesia.

Retrograde amnesia is caused by damage to the memory-storage areas of the brain, in various brain regions. This type of damage can result from a traumatic injury, a serious illness, a seizure or stroke, or a degenerative brain disease. Depending on the cause, retrograde amnesia can be temporary, permanent, or progressive (getting worse over time).

With retrograde amnesia, memory loss usually involves facts rather than skills. For example, someone might forget whether or not they own a car, what type it is, and when they bought it — but they will still know how to drive.

Temporally graded retrograde amnesia
Retrograde amnesia is usually temporally graded, which means that your most recent memories are affected first and your oldest memories are usually spared. This is known as Ribot’s law.

The extent of retrograde amnesia can vary significantly. Some people may only lose memories from the year or two prior to having the injury or disease. Other people may lose decades of memories. But even when people lose decades, they typically hang on to memories from childhood and adolescence.

Symptoms include:

not remembering things that happened before the onset of amnesia
forgetting names, people, faces, places, facts, and general knowledge from before the onset of amnesia
remembering skills like riding a bike, playing the piano, and driving a car
retaining older memories, especially from childhood and adolescence
Someone with this condition may or may not be able to make new memories and learn new skills.

Retrograde amnesia can result from damage to different parts of the brain responsible for controlling emotions and memories.

There are several conditions that can cause retrograde amnesia, and these include traumatic brain injury

Traumatic brain injury
Most traumatic brain injuries are mild, resulting in concussion. But a severe injury, like a serious blow to the head, can damage the memory-storing areas of the brain and lead to retrograde amnesia. Depending on the level of damage, the amnesia could be temporary or permanent.

Retrograde amnesia might get better, worse, or remain fixed throughout life. It’s a serious condition that can present challenges, so the help and support of loved ones is often important. Depending on the severity of the amnesia, a person may regain their independence or they may need more care."

Paano ko nakalimutan  lahat?

Paanong ang past life ko lang ang naalala ko?

Bakit ba ganito ang nangyayari?

Kailangan makahanap ako ng sulusyon dito

Kahit gaano pa kamahal ang magiging treatment

Kailangan bago lumala ang retrograde amnesia ko maipaalala ko muna sa kanya yung nakaraan

Kakahatid ko lang kay Aeira sa bahay nila, pauwi na ako at naisipan kong bumili ng camera para makagawa ako ng mga bagong memories kasa ma sya pupunuin ko to ng mga pictures namin. Malay mo baka lumala ang amnesia ko maging Alzheimer's disease. Joke lang sana talaga maka tulong to.
Pumasok na ako sa shop at pumili ng camera.