Luke Skywalker

If I'm going to state what I think about Star Wars characters, why not begin with our beloved Luke Skywalker, the first ever protagonist of a Star Wars trilogy and basically the face of the entire universe.

Even though Luke is not my favorite character, I respect him for his status as one of the most decorated members of the Rebel Alliance, as well as one of the most powerful Jedi to have ever lived. 

He began his story as a poor foolish farmer who wanted more in his life than just farming forever.  He got his chance to have a life of adventure when he stumbled upon C-3PO and R2-D2, as well as Ben Kenobi, and was offered the chance to help them save princess Leia from the Galactic Empire.

Luke rapidly becomes a hero by helping with Leia's rescue, joining the Alliance, and earning a name for himself by destroying the first Death Star. But what I find the most impressive about him is his journey as a Jedi.

After he begins his training with Yoda, he finds it really hard to cope up with the harsh, demanding lessons taught from Yoda, to the point of failure. Even so, Luke refuses to give up and continues training. He is reckless enough to go to Bespin and confront Darth Vader, despite the fact that he was still incredibly inexperienced.

As anyone would've expected, Luke is beaten by the Sith Lord, loses his right hand, and learns the horrible truth that he is his father. After that horrific experience, Luke continues serving the Alliance, and also finishes his training with Yoda. What really stands out about his character is that he refuses to believe that Vader is a complete monster and that there was some conflict in him. Eventually, his beliefs are revealed to be true when Vader redeems himself by killing the Emperor.

One of the biggest reasons why people love Luke so much, is precisely this belief that not anyone is 100% evil and may still have at least some redeeming qualities. It was this belief that allowed Mara Jade, an imperial assassin, to change her ways and become a member of the Jedi Order. They even got married eventually.

This is the main reason why people are furious with how Luke was treated in The Last Jedi, in which we saw Luke trying to kill his own nephew Ben, just because he was confused and had conflict inside of him.

And the critique is valid... How is it possible that Luke was able to see good things in one of the most vile Sith Lords and one of Palpatine's top assassins, but was willing to kill a poor, innocent boy who was merely having struggles and was in part being tempted by Snoke? IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!!

So that basically sums up what I think of Luke. Sorry if I didn't write that much, my opinion of him is very solid and I don't really have much to say about it.

What do you think of Luke?