Han Solo

Everybody's favorite scoundrel. Let's take it away.

Similar to Luke, my opinion on Han is very solid. From my perspective, he is the stereotypical 'bad boy' character the sweeps girls off their feet. His cocky grin, and his snarky and cynical attitude are some of the many things that compose his very... likable personality. 

In spite of all his negative traits, Han has proven himself to be a courageous individual and has helped the Alliance in many different ways. Plus, he is, as Finn would say, one hell of a pilot.

I do have to confess something: HanxLeia is one of my many Star Wars OTPs, but whenever I watch their first scenes in 'Empire Strikes Back', I cannot help it but find them ANNOYING.

Just check it out (minute 1:46):

I'm sorry but that specific interaction between them just makes me want to yell them to shut their mouths. They would really be fit for a Mexican telenovela.

I'm really glad that their relationship improved and they finally got to feel comfortable with each other. Other wise, we wouldn't have this:

Now, as a father, has been portrayed good

Now, as a father, has been portrayed good. He was a good dad in the expanded universe, considering he had three children, and was also capable of dishwashing. He, like any other dad, was devastated when he lost Anakin, but this never affected his marriage with Leia, and they loved each other forever. Also, he couldn't stand the thought of Jacen/Darth Caedus's death, but understood that he had to die, even if it was by his own sister's hand.

This is something that wasn't very respected in the Canon. While at first insecure about fatherhood, he did develop a bond with Ben, but he wasn't really involved in his life, as he didn't understand force-sensivity. Leia and him loved each other, but lived their own lives apart. In addition, when Ben fell to the Dark Side their marriage just crumbled. I don't like that, they were meant to remain strong and there for each other. But I doesn't bother me that much either.

What really bothers me, is what some people think about young Han.

Now, I really liked Solo, and I thought Alden Ehrenreich did a good job portraying him. It wasn't perfect, but he should be proud. I also respect everyone's opinion about it, even if it's negative.

The problem is that a lot of people believe that Solo destroyed his character because he is not Harrison Ford. Well let me give you a bit of reality:

OF CORUSE HE IS NOT HARRISON FORD!!! THAT'S SO KRIFFING OBVIOUS!!!

Solo takes place ten years before A New Hope, so I would assume that people who did watch the film in theaters would go with the mentality that they would not see THE SAME HAN SOLO FROM A NEW HOPE!!!!!

The Last Jedi DID destroy Luke, because he was older, and he was supposed to be wise and mature, not grumpy and unwilling to help those in need, especially his own sister.

Solo introduced us to a younger Han, who is obviously not gonna be the same as his older counterpart!!!

I wasn't the same person ten years ago. Ten years ago, I was an eight-year old who went to elementary school and watched Clone Wars ever since it premiered, and I'm quite sure that none of you readers where the same ten years ago. And guess what, NEITHER WAS HAN!!!

Ehrenreich's Han does have some traits of Ford's, such as the cocky grin and the blackmailing, but he was also more naive and a tad bit more... characterless, which is comprehensible, since he was YOUNGER!!! 

With all due respect, if you believe that Han Solo is ruined just because the younger version is not the same as older... I'm sorry, but I cannot take that argument seriously.

And that was all for Han Solo. Sorry for the rant, but I'm really sick of that comment!

What do you think of Han?