Lando Calrissian

Former Cloud-City administrator and Rebel/New Republic veteran.

Lando, to me, is the very typical "playboy" considering his elegant clothing, decent amount of wealth, and his womanizer attitude. This are aspects of his personalities that are explored with some sort of depth in Solo, including the fact that he's (apparently) pansexual, something that Kennedy claimed and at the end of the day had no relevance to his role in the movie. (*snorts*)

In spite of this, I believe Lando to be a very interesting man to analyze, considering he's more of a gray character. Yes, he did betray Han and the others to Darth Vader, but he didn't do it out of a bad intention, he did as to keep Cloud-City safe. As a matter of fact, he was coerced by Vader via force choke. In addition, he never agreed with Leia and Chewie being kept in Bespin.

It was the fact that Vader broke the deal that he finally helped the rebels escape, and ultimately join the Alliance. He was also very useful when rescuing Han from Jabba the Hutt, as was also very vital during the Battle of Endor, during which he and Nien Nunb blew up the second Death Star with the Falcon.

He would ultimately continue to support his friends all the way through the Yuuzhan Vong War and the Second Galactic Civil War. He even married and had a child, not to mention he was still active after the wars. In the Canon, he continued his businessman career and was very close to Han, Leia, and Ben, even to the point where he was seen as an uncle to the latter. 

A very interesting aspect about Lando is, like I stated before, that he's very elegant and refined, and he's a real gentleman, in spite of his reputation as a cheating gambler. I love how his clothing is very exotic and attractive, heck, even Qi'ra was trying on one of his blue coats. Now, I know that his portrayal as a womanizer is not 100% accurate to his characterization in the Expanded Universe and that's something that may not suit with several fans, but I think it would something very interesting to explore, especially after what Naomi Ackie said.

As we all know, Billy Dee Williams will reprise his role in Episode IX. In an interview Naomi was asked if her character Jannah could be an offspring of Lando, and her response was the following: "Lando is a very charming man, he could have children all over the universe". 

I personally don't want Jannah to be Lando's daughter, because it doesn't suit her (she looks more like a native warrior of the planet in which she will appear in the film), but that theory of Naomi might as well make sense. I don't know, that's just me. Also praying to the Force that Lando makes it out unscathed. 

Anyways, that was all for Lando. Share your perceptions on him.