Ahsoka Tano

Our favorite padawan, or at least one of our favorites.

Ahsoka has always been quite an interesting individual. When we were first introduced to her, she was a fourteen year old youngling who was assigned to be Anakin's padawan. She was very snippy, outspoken, and quite reckless, something that caused friction with her master. One could say she was a female, younger version of Anakin, only a bit more immature and downright annoying. 

Ahsoka would continue to have this personality through the early Clone Wars, along with a very aggressive and impatient streak, not to mention she did have a thing for calling people names (Anakin doesn't call her "snips" for nothing). But as she grew up, something changed in her. She became more proper, mature, and way more responsible. As a matter of fact, her snippy attitude diminished significantly the more she aged. It could be stated that she became more mature than Anakin herself. 

The thing that DID mark Ahsoka permanently, was being framed for the bombing of the Jedi Temple. She couldn't process how Barriss Offee, who had been a very close friend of hers, actually had the guts to orchestrate such a thing, and put the blame on her. This would lead her to permanently leave the Jedi Order, despite the apologies from the Council, as she felt she couldn't trust them again.

Now... I, unlike everyone else, never disliked Ahsoka and I never thought she was annoying. It may have to do with the fact that I was seven when the Clone Wars film was released, so I really didn't care much about her personality. I actually like her duel with Ventress and the MagnaGuards. As Clone Wars progressed, my love for Ahsoka grew more and more, and I was SO heartbroken when she left the order. It was really hard to take in.

Also, I don't think Rebels is an awful show, but I'm not a humongous fan either. What I do think that Ahsoka was one of the best things to ever happen to Rebels. Some people thought her character was destroyed by the series, but I cannot see it that way. She was doing a very good job operating as Fulcrum, and we can see her as a fully mature and wise woman. And, I'll just say what a lot of people think... Her duel with Vader is the BEST moment in Rebels!

To the date, she remains one of my favorite female characters in Star Wars. If you had to ask me to choose between Leia, Padmé, and her, I think I would go with Ahsoka. It may or may not have something to do with my personal bias towards aliens...

And that was all for Ahsoka. And I'm always glad to hear your opinions.