Trial

*2 more chapters*

James couldn't think straight. Today was the day. Either he wins or loses. He tried to tell himself that if he lost, things wouldn't change. That things would be the same, and that he could go back to animation and spending time with Jaiden.

That all changed after he met Jasmine.
_______________________________________

Despite Cassidy's many many complaints towards Jasmine meeting James before the trial, her lawyer was convinced that she would see James is as bad as her mother portrayed him to be.

Cassidy was told not to drop off Jasmine, because James didn't want to see her.

Cassidy: See sweetie? Your 'dad' doesn't even want to see your mommy. Can you believe it?!

Jasmine muttered under her breath, causing Cassidy to smack her in the back of the head.

Cassidy: You think he'll want you!? He didn't even want to see you once he found out I was pregnant with you! After 5 years he barely sends us enough money to feed us!

Jasmine nodded. If her father was as bad as her mom says he is, then he won't want to keep her. She'll end up going to an orpanage? At least that's what her mom told her.

Jasmine looks out her window and sees a small white car pull up. She tilts her head as a tall, white, skinny man exits the car and opens the passenger door. A small, girl about the age of her mom walks out and takes the guys hand.

Funny, she thought. Usually when a man and a woman walk out of their car to this house. Her mom is a lot more excited. She calls it a play date with three people.

However, Cassidy practically pushed Jasmine out the door. Leaving the young child with the man and girl.

James: You must be Jasmine. I'm James

Jasmine looks back for any sign from her mother, but Jasmine could see her figure's shadow inside the kitchen.

Jasmine: H-Hi Mr. James

James: This is Jaiden.

Jaiden waves with a gentle smile, and Jasmine smiles back. Jasmine walks towards the couple and hugs Jaiden's leg.

Jasmine: Are you mean Mr. James? Mommy says you don't pay her to enough to feed us.

James is taken aback by what came out of his daughter's mouth. Clenching his fist, he marches towards the door and angrily slams on the door.

James: You take half the money I make and you don't even feed my daughter?!

Jaiden: James! Not in front of Jasmine!

James sighs and walks away from the door and picks up Jasmine.

James: Are you hungry?

Jasmine nods enthusiastically, feeling her tummy growl. Her cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, not wanting her father to hear that. She was suppose to hate him, but she doesn't think that he's a bad as she use to think.

James carries her to the backseat and opens the door. Inside the car was a weird chair thing.

Jasmine: Mr. James, what's that?

James: It's a car seat? Doesn't your mom have one?

Jasmine shakes her head no, infuriating James more.