93% - 93% = 0% Mine

Warning: don't freak out with the chapter title. Read on. Also, no rated scene.

NASA's Recruitment Manager told them they had no high hopes that two young Computer Science students from South Korea could solve the problems their experts couldn't, but they liked their background, and only requested them to do one thing: their best.

The two were given a tour around the institution and enough time to admire the spaceships and launch stations, including their control room, before they sat down to figure out what could be the matter of that year's failure launch.

They were told that they were young scientists number 48 and 49 who tried to solve the problem, and once more, were told that there was no pressure. All their accommodation would remain free and their paycheck would still be paid.

"These warnings of "it's ok if you can't" are starting to get on my nerves" Sooyoung grumbled.

"They want us to know that although we're smart, smarter people have tried and failed."

"Then why did they hire us at all? Why can't they just say, "Please do your best and help us?""

"They're basically doing it by hiring us."

"Weird people."

Despite Sooyoung's grumblings, they still proceeded to analyze everything they had to. They were asked to study everything related to the launching, from the calculations, the blueprint, the spaceship's material and even saw the spaceship with their own eyes.

It looked all shiny and majestic, yet it wouldn't fly off, making US lost what looked like unfathomable amount of money to Sungjae and Sooyoung.

They also studied about the US's analysis of what could possibly went wrong.

All of these studying took them a week, until they memorized all the spaceship's design, down to the screw's names and wires' colours.

They loved solving difficult Math formulas and basically any scientific problems. They would feel a restless nagging inside their brains if they couldn't solve it, making them unable to enjoy their meals or sleep well.

On their second week, Sungjae suggested another walk around the building, hoping to get some inspiration.

They stood in front of a glass wall that overlooked the astronauts training area.

Sooyoung buried her hands in her white lab jacket, then leant on the railing, feeling lost.

Sungjae stared at the blue sky, wondering whether South Korea would one day be able to have a place like NASA as well........

On their right was the control room. The officers were there, talking with an earpiece and pointing at the screen on their computers.

And then Sungjae suddenly remembered something.

"What if it's not human error, but computers' error?"

Sooyoung turned to him.

"What do you mean?"

"The calculation part! What if they counted wrongly even before they prepared for launching?"

"They must have checked it at least a dozen times, everything related to the velocity, the force to launch, the weather and everything."

"Yes, but the computers were set up to 12 decimals behind the point. What if the errors were because of a really slight difference in decimals?"

"............you mean you want to redo the computing personally?"

"Yes. Because computers have limits."

Sooyoung understood him.

They both hurried to the meeting room assigned for them, where they could work all they like without getting disturbed.