chapter 5

August

i woke up with my alarm blaring in my ears. i regret staying up all night, but i couldn't stop thinking. i checked my phone realizing it was 10:30. i laid there in bed not really wanting to get up but knowing i'm gonna see Imani and Miyah today was my motivation. i got out of bed and went into my bathroom. i turned on my shower and began my day.

Imani

i woke up and instantly started to reminisce last night, it was great. i stretched and went into the bathroom to fix my hygiene.  after i was finished i went to check my phone but i only had instagram notifications.  i took a shower and put on my robe.  i went into Miyah's room to wake up her.  i opened her door to see her up watching disney jr.  "hey munchkin, you hungry?" i asked.  she looked towards me and nodded her head.  i stuck my hand up for her to get up and grab it, and she did that.  i made her a bowl of cereal and let her watch t.v until i heard from August.

august: good morning, i want to leave around 2. it's now about 12:30 so you can start getting ready..
me: good morning and okay i'll get on that

"Miyah come on and take a bath."
"mommy where we going?" she questioned.
"i don't know baby, it's a surprise. we're going with a special someone today." i responded. i saw her eyes light up as i began to get her undressed.

 i saw her eyes light up as i began to get her undressed

"Miyah girl, you look cuteeeeeeee." i said to her bringing her to a mirror when i finished her hair. 
"thanks mommy." she giggled while covering her mouth.
"watch t.v while i get ready, okay?" i said to her.  she nodded her head as she climbed into the best picking up the remote.
"dinsey jr." i heard her say into the remote before i walked into the closet trying to figure out what i'm going to wear.  when i got what i was looking for.  i laid my clothes on my bed neatly.  i went to my vanity to get started on my makeup.  finally after i was finished i put my clothes on.

  finally after i was finished i put my clothes on

i checked the time seeing it was 1:45.  i grabbed my ipad to facetime august.  after i couple rings he finally answered.

"sup ma'" he said with a smirk.
"hey aug" i replied.  "Miyah guess who's on the phone with me." i looked over at her and she made her way over to the camera.
"mr. auggieeeeee." she semi yelled cheesing really hard. "mommy can we talk, pleaseeeeeeeee." Miyah pleaded with puppy eyes. i chuckled and nodded my head. i gave her the ipad and took out my phone to text him.