Chapter 4

Imani

"August what are you doing here?" i asked surprised.
"as da' same fa' you." he said with a slight smirk.
"it's Kimiyah" i said lowly.
"oh shit, is she okay?" he said "concerned"
"tuh! like you care.." i said with a scoff and rolling my eyes. he had his confused look in his face .
"i do care this is our daughter we're talm' '
bout'." he responded back with a stern look on his face. my face softened a little bit realizing i shouldn't shut him out from his child.
"i'm sorry." i said a little above a whisper. his face softened also.
"no beybeh' gurl it's okay i know i've done some really terrible things in da' past but i'm different and i be dea' for my child ... and you." he stated. he mumbled the last two words but i pretended i didn't hear. i just nodded and smiled. we stood there awkwardly for a moment when my mom came back. she scolded August, i felt like she already had the idea of who he was. she couldn't look at him any longer and went to the front desk.

August

"i'm sorry-." Imani tried to apologize to me

"no it's aight' i get it." i responded disappointed in myself.

"so what are you doing here." she asked while she looked down. i chuckled at the way she was acting.

"well i'm hea' volunteering i do it a lil' bit when i'm free." i said. she looked back up at me in my eyes and she just stared for a bit. the spell she was putting on me with her eyes was broken when Kimiyah walked up with Imani's mom.

"oh my god baby, are you okay." Imani asked frantically while touching all over Kimiyah's face.
"mommy i'm okay." Kimiyah reassured with a smile on her face. Kimiyah turned her attention towards me. "oh hi mr. Auggie, mommy you heard my nickname? isn't it funny." she giggled.

"hey dea' princess." i said kneeling down to her level.

Imani

while August and Kimiyah was into their own conversation i pulled my mom to the side. "mom i know what your thinking but i just want Kimiyah to have a father figure in her life."
"Imani what that man did to you was absolutely unacceptable. and you think he magically pops up and get to have his daddy role."
"mom, Kimiyah is my child and who and what i put into her life will be on me but i just want what's best for her. you can't dictate what i do for my child. and if you can't accept me what i'm doing and August for even trying because he couldn't ignored Kimiyah and I but no he wants to make an effort and be in her life then you shouldn't be around." i spoke angrily. i turned away and was ready to leave. "come on Kimiyah, say bye to mr. August." i stressfully said.
"mommy it's Auggie and i want to talk with my new friend longer." she replied with a whine.
"another day i promise now say bye." i said getting frustrated by the second. she gave him a hug and came towards me and grabbed my hand. "bye August." i said walking up to him.
"bye Imani, i'll text you later." he winked. i slightly blushed. i walked away with my heart all bubbly...ew.

{later that night.}

Imani

i just put Kimiyah to sleep and now i finally have some time to chill. i made some popcorn and went to the couch and turned on Netflix. while scrolling through the movies and shows trying to figure out what i wanted to watch i seen my phone buzz.

august: hey ma😉
me: heyy
august: wyd
me: watching netflix hbu
august: ou can i join👀 and nothing chillin
me: 😂 bye you only supposed to be talking to me about Kimiyah anyway
august: well i can't get to know ya😂
me: haven't you already tried ...
me:wait i'm sorry
august: it's fine i'm truly sorry. sorry can't even make up for all the pain i brought onto you i can't even imagine how you felt you screaming and your sobbing still plays in my head sometimes and give me nightmares and i wish i could take it all back but if i did i know i wouldn't have that angel Kimiyah. Imani i really want to be in her life i don't know how more clear i can be

wow i was shook

me: August i know you do and i feel the same way i want her to grow up with both parents in her life
august: can we um start over
me: hi my name is Imani, what's your name?😂
august: hey my name is august nice to meet ya. lemme get a good picture of ya...for ya contact picture
me: okay..😂
me:

august: gahdamn ma you beautiful 😍

i stopped and blushed he's really the sweetest.

me: why thank you ❤️

we ended up texting all night telling about each other, stories and i told him about Miyah

august: you tired ma? is almost 4
me: yes but no it's so much fun
august: i'll pick y'all up and we'll do something
me: okayy☹️ goodnight
august: don't make that face
august:

august: you tired ma? is almost 4 me: yes but no it's so much fun august: i'll pick y'all up and we'll do something me: okayy☹️ goodnight august: don't make that face august:

think of me in your dreams😘

i laughed and rolled my eyes even though he can't see me. i turned off my phone, made sure it was on the charger, and then turned off my lamp. i rolled over to my back with the thought of August in my mind. he's making a great effort so far. i'm glad we're friends. after a while i dozed off.

August

after Imani and i's conversation i couldn't get her out of my head. she really is beautiful and is great mother. i really wish i was there from the start and things would have been different. i mean i don't know, i can't be doing all this right now. we're gonna have to figure out how we're gonna break this to Miyah. i stayed up till the sunrise dreaming of what me and Imani could've been. she really is beautiful and you know ya boy Aug fine ass made the most beautiful little girl with the most beautiful and amazing woman. oh...i wanna make this right so bad. but main priority is Miyah. but i can't be waiting around on Imani because it'll be obvious that i want us to be a family. imma need pussy either way. but it's 6 so let me get some sleep in before i get my day started.

How'd you'd guys like it? 🤔
Any feedback?🌀
Any thoughts?💭
Find out what happens next in the next story...❤️